Hope | Teen Ink

Hope

June 3, 2019
By wRnight21 BRONZE, Hendersonville, North Carolina
More by this author
wRnight21 BRONZE, Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
For god so LOVED the WORLD that he GAVE his ONLY SON and for ANYONE who BELIEVED in HIM shall NOT perish BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

John 3:16


Author's note:

I have an imaginative mind. If I get an idea I have to write it down or I'll forget what I wanted to put.

That was very impressive." Galway said and hugged Misty. "That gave a new light and new look."

The source of light had trippled in size and the brightness seemed to radiate enough light to cover an entire battle field. Hope seemed to drive the light brighter. "Hope." She said and looked at Galway, he looked right back.

"That's a perfect name for this world."

 

Galway went to practice with Yamhack to prepare for the battle to come. Throughout practice Yamhack told stories of when he was younger. When the last battle was about territory not ruling, and Galway listened and held his own the whole time.

"That's very impressive." Yamhack complimented with a friendly slap on the shoulder.

"I've had some practice." He said with a smile. It didn't occur to Galway that Yamhack was being his mentor. Yamhack was holding back and Galway didn't know it.   

"Boy, Im going to toughen you up. You have absolutely no idea what the Dark Force is capable of."

Galway lowered the flask and eyed him. "Then why don't you tell me?"

"Ah, but it's not that simple." He said. "Although I could just tell you."

Just then Misty approached with her armor on and hair in a ponybraid. Her eyes spoke the warning. Yamhack backed down and moved away. Once out of ear shot she said, "Yamhack has been very strange, don't you think?"

"By strange you mean he making odd threats for no reason and going off on his own at night?" Galway looked at Misty. "Then yes. He's been very strange indeed."

 

 

The rest of the day Galway hung with Misty and Magic. They had much to talk about and with a war that could happen at any moment, they were all a bit edgy. Which made them chattier and more vigalint. Galway was the one with all the questions. No one had any answers. His questions were too far and beyound what the girls could provide for him.

"Galway?" Magic turned her yellow-orange eyes to him. "You have all these great questions but none of us will have a suitable answer. We won't know anything until it all has passed."

"I get that Magic," He said honestly. "I just feel like I need to verbalize them."

Both of the girls smiled. They knew what he ment and they weren't about to stop the endless flow of his questions. The only thing was that they wished ever so slightly to at least have a few answers. Misty stared into the distance just as Galway did. All of a sudden they saw the army.

"Everyone form formation!" She shouted boldly and heard the stampede of Yamhack and his kin. Then she heard Saphira's roar. For some odd reason Galway and his friends felt betrayal. Why? They didn't know why. The only thing they did know was the army that was right in front of them. 

Stepping closer to the other army she felt her heart race. She kept her face blank from any thought or emotion. She won't appear intimidated in the midst of this Dark Force. She stood tall and squared her shoulders keeping her eyes narrow. Challenging.

The leader was a tall broad man, more muscle then she but perhaps slower. They eyed each other and studied the other. Then he spoke. His voice like ice cutting flesh. "So, you are the chosen one. To over throw. Ah, this world chose wrong. You're nothing more than a coroach."

She snorted. "Funny you'd be calling me a roach when I'm pretty sure you are the disease that is spreading like a wildfire. You burn everything and leave nothing behind but ash and bones of those you killed without a single pitty thought. Now, who will you rule once you wipe out every living creature? Tell me, who wins when there is no one willing to face you?"

The man bristled. She hit a sore spot in this devil's hide. She drew her sword and let it float right beside her. The man bristled again and even paled slightly.

"With one command I can destroy your prescious army. They won't even see or know what hit them." She drew her dagger. "I challenge you."

"Now why would I want to accept a challenge from a roach?"

She smiled. "Oh, did I forget to mention that the challenge is for your soldiers?"

"Very well." The man motioned for one of his soldiers to come forward.

"Send six."

 

 

In no time Misty destroy the army. She then turned her eyes to the man. He was the only thing left. Pointing her bloody dagger she commanded Whirlwind to only weaken. The man never saw it coming.

"You're a decoy."

The man spat blood on the ground. "The Dark Force is going to be ferious. You alone somehow managed to kill a fourth of his men."

"I'll spare you if you tell me where he is."

He spat again. Looking at her he said, "I'd rather die."

"I can arrange that." She said and plunged her dagger into his chest. Galway and the others rushed over and looked sceptically at her. Misty collasped in his arms. She was tired and in pain, but only very little.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.