Jeremy Hardcock | Teen Ink

Jeremy Hardcock

By pramirez2001, Baraboo, Wisconsin
pramirez2001, Baraboo, Wisconsin

I like fiction

Jeremy Hardcock

Jeremy Hardcock is a rather unique character with many supernatural characteristics. Jeremy's figure is outstandingly muscular when people see him they give him mysterious and uncanny looks. His broad shoulders and brawny legs scare citizens to where they stare at him for a mere thirty seconds. Jeremy stands at approximately seven feet tall almost like a statue when he’s staring into your eyes. His eyes are a blueish and greenish color giving a kind and generous appeal to those who dare cross his vigorous path. His eyes give off all the wisdom and generosity throughout his long years in his long life. Jeremy has short black wavy hair that flows when the wind blows. He has a musty smell from all the men he has hunted down and killed for an amount that you wouldn’t believe if I told you. His hands are as thick as a two by four. They’re so wrinkly and busted that the skin looks like it’s slowly molding away to the bone. Jeremy’s beard has a five o’clock shadow as noticeable as an elephant in a small room. His walk gives away his manly killer vibe that everyone knows about throughout town. His age is as long as his wisdom he gives off by his masculine jawline so sharp it can cut glass. His nose is aquiline having a prominent bridge, giving it the appearance of being curved or slightly bent. It’s also hairy like his arms, legs, and face. His thick eyebrows give him a mean and more confused look, but in reality he’s very intelligent. Jeremy actually went to Harvard and was at the top of his class at the age of only nine-teen. He learned how to shoot and hunt with his dad at the age of only seven. His best subject in school was math and he always was intrigued about parabolas perfectly explaining why his shot when he’s hunting men is so crisp and clean. He is well known for his accuracy around town because of all the events he used to partake in when he was just a young man. Coming from a hunting background Jeremy had plenty of time to practice after school every single day after his mother made him complete his homework and his chores. Jeremy was always proficient in every different subject school had for him. Jeremy grew older into a man of raw intelligence (book and school smarts) knowing many out of the ordinary things. He didn’t really have friends growing up, but the one friend he did make was Jacob Dolmer. Jacob was the same as Jeremy, but one day they were playing in the woods and he ended up getting caught in a bear trap losing blood causing his long and dramatic death. Jeremy was devastated and went on to be a great scholar, but met a man who is dangerous at manipulation. Knowing not who he was or how they came to meet after class at Harvard one day a tall out of the ordinary man was waiting outside Jeremys dorm. He hypnotized Jeremy into being his own personal hitman. The catch is that he still pays Jeremy for every kill he completes for him to maintain Jeremy’s illusion of keeping Jeremy his own little secret. He told Jeremy to leave Harvard and live in a suburban town where he can spend the rest of his days in an illusion that he doesn’t understand. Today he is living out his days still dazed to the thought of pursuing a normal life. He goes to the market every other week gathers his goods and remains in his little property outside of town. Nobody talks or even thinks to negotiate with this “beast” they refer to him as. Sadly day by day the memories of his family begin to slip further and further away as he sits in this state of mind which he doesn’t understand or comprehend. Jeremy is now forty-five years old, is clueless to his goals in life, and has the intelligence of a mathematician, but in the end is lost. He comes home day by day still practicing his hunting and shooting like his dad used to teach him. The day his life changed was now forgotten and all he thinks about is his next target and how he will pursue in killing this man or beast. Every other week this illusionist comes and meets with Jeremy to discuss who and how he will eliminate his next target. Jeremy now has and still counting over four-hundred kills most of them being killed by a sniper he looks after and treats with respect like it was his own spouse. The illusionist comes on an off day for Jeremy. It was a Wednesday, the day he usually goes and visits his old friend Jacob where he rests six feet under the hard cold ground in a quiet and gloomy cemetery. The illusionist asks Jeremy “How are you?” Jeremy replies. “Why are you here today?” with the most terrifying and eager look a man could ever see. The illusionist walks towards Jeremy slower than ever before. He has this look that sends chills down Jeremy's spine. The illusionist doesn’t reply for a very long and suspenseful minute. Then he says. “I need your help with a very dangerous and life threatening mission.” Jeremy stands as tall as he can looking as brave as he wants to be. He replies. “What kind’ve mission?’ The illusionist sits down faster than ever. His feet start tapping like something just hit him and he’s now terrified out of his mind. The illusionist now looking like a child patiently waiting for his dad to give him a hard and brutal punishment for a young boy. He then stops suddenly and starts to think very long and hard. The illusionist says. “It’s not like anything you’ve ever been through.” Jeremy starts to think of all the hard and long painful battles he’s been through. Mostly men he’s battled and only some beasts and demons. The illusionist stands back up with his face oozing with sweat. He says. “I need you to kill the devil for me.” Jeremy not knowing what to say or do doesn’t move the slightest inch. He stays like that for as long as he possibly could. Jeremy then gets up looks the illusionist in the eye and says. “Why and how the devil?” The illusionist starts to tell his story about meeting the devil in the form of a man a couple nights ago. He says he looked, talked, and walked like a regular human. Jeremy not knowing he was an illusionist being under his hallucination still, listens to the word “illusion” come out of the illusionists mouth and everything turns sideways. Jeremy starts to remember meeting him outside his dorm and being hypnotized by him first hand. All the men he has killed in cold blood. He passes out in the middle of the illusionists story, the illusionist shocked, grabs him puts him in the chair and begins to try to wake him up. Jeremy seeing nothing but black continues to see and relive old memories throughout over the past twenty years of being a slave to this man's work. Jeremy furious wakes up and grabs the man. The man shocked and confused begins to ask “what’s wrong Jeremy?” Jeremy with the most beastly and determined face replies “I know what you have done to me over all these years.” The man now showing guiltiness and agony all over his old and wrinkly face. Jeremy says. “You took my life and changed it into something I never even thought of doing once in my nineteen years of life.” The man now crying and trying to show as much grief and hopelessness as he can begins to speak. “The only reason I hypnotized you that day because growing up I had no family or friends or anyone to even talk to ever. You were the only one I saw with all the qualities in a man I wanted to be like.” Jeremy says nothing. Puts the man down and asks him to sit down. The man sits, confused. Jeremy asks. “I had no idea you went through all that with no family or anything.” The man gets the feeling of warmth and comfort until Jeremy gets up walks towards him and hugs him tighter than he had ever  been hugged before. Grasping around him wanting to never let go the man feels a slow and awkward movement coming from Jeremy but he ignores all the danger and warning signals coming from Jeremy at the time. Jeremy planning to assassinate the man with his knife he keeps around his waist at all times trying to be as stealthy and as quiet as possible to bring the knife out of its sheath. Jeremy feels a flinch from the man but it was just the man grasping Jeremy even harder. Jeremy confused and not knowing of what the man was trying to do, grabs his knife from his sheath and buries it deep into the heart of the man. Jeremy maintaining his tough and mean grasp on the man starts to pour out tears like a new born baby. The man not breathing or moving breaths his final breath very slowly and loudly as he passes on into the afterlife. Jeremy kneeling over him feeling so bad but so unforgiving at the moment takes the man's body to clean him. Jeremy baths the man as clean as he could ever get him to look. Takes the man heaves him over his shoulder and begins to walk to his vehicle. Jeremy drives out to the old cemetery where Jacob is resting. Grabs the dead old man. Heaves him over his brute shoulders and begins to walk shovel in hand. He gets to Jacobs grave with an opening spot right next to Jacobs. Perfect for the dead old man to lay and rest. Jeremy sets down the man and begins to dig up this massive hole he imagines in his head. An hour passes and Jeremy is already done. His excitement and eagerness kicked in around the ten minute mark. Jeremy slowly and carefully lays the body in the hole and begins to bury the dirt over top of him. Jeremy now crying with real genuine tears finishes digging and starts to grab big hunky stones a little off in the distance. He puts them around the new well built grave in a nice and neat fashion. Jeremy stays upright to the grave looking down trying to piece the right words to say. He finally stops crying and begins to say his final and short words to the old resting man… “Goodbye Friend.”