Letters From The Front | Teen Ink

Letters From The Front

By GoodwillWriting, Woodbridge, Virginia
GoodwillWriting, Woodbridge, Virginia

"You were born because you are going to be important to someone."

Summary:

The story is based off of an original short story I wrote for my English class Freshmen year in which the battle of Normandy (World War 2) is told from the view of a German who is trying to escape the Nazi army. His Pillbox is destroyed and as he is fleeing he comes across an injured American. He saves this American and takes him back to the American landing troops where he is sent over to America. The American soldier is named John Macoy. He is the main character along with his love, Angela, in this story.

John's Regiment pushes on from Normandy and this story finds him just outside the French city of St. Lo where heavy combat in the city and it's surrounding hedge grove fields is reported. His troop faces many obstacles and losses. At home, his love Angela, who he didn't marry before volunteering for war is struggling with being alone. Her day to day life reminds her of this fact and the letters from John are the only consolation. It's an exciting tale of human emotions, tense scenes, and the question of love.

Krystofer D.

Letters From The Front

GoodwillWriting, Woodbridge, Virginia

All comments are welcome! Please, give me feedback as I will continue writing and I am thinking of continuing this story.   -GoodwillWriting

I really like this story, it's really well done. Not many people can do stories on people during the war so well as Krys. Great job! :)