The Reluctant Queen | Teen Ink

The Reluctant Queen

March 16, 2011
By tudor3x8 GOLD, Irvine, California
tudor3x8 GOLD, Irvine, California
13 articles 3 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"


Summary:

Lady Jane Grey is a little known claimant to the throne in 16th century Tudor England. At the age of sixteen, Jane was made queen against her will for nine days, overthrown, and executed through events that were out of her control.

Being kin to King Henry VIII and being in line for the English crown itself, Lady Jane Grey is born to a world of titles, wealth, and status. But Jane was also born to scheming parents who would stop at nothing to gain more power, even if it meant acting ruthless in a religiously confused, male dominated England. As a strong minded, religious, and yet highly intelligent teenager, Jane was thrust to the crown against her will. Her acceptance of the crown leads to her quick demise and her early death.


star3x8

The Reluctant Queen


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on May. 14 2011 at 4:39 am
becauseHeloves BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
Proverbs 8:12, 14 "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength."

This is incredible! I love how you marry the conversation to the setting and stir in etiquette. It makes the story very believable and lovable. Please post more!

awayra BRONZE said...
on Mar. 20 2011 at 6:26 am
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"i am a woman who enjoys herself very much: sometimes i win, sometimes i loose."

delightful depiction of court life in Tudor's time!I hope you'll post more of it soon.