Cardinair | Teen Ink

Cardinair

August 15, 2011
By BreeTayler PLATINUM, carlisle, Arkansas
BreeTayler PLATINUM, Carlisle, Arkansas
30 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Where there is love there is life." --Ghandi


Summary:

Rules of Cardinair:

One. No one shall leave the land of Cardinair for the outside world.
Two. No one from the outside world shall enter Cardinair.
Three. If rule one or two are broken, the doer will be punished by death.



“Tell me what you are.” She whispered. “You owe me that much.” I stood and dusted off the dirt from my jeans. She backed up a ways with the movement.

I took one step closer and held out a hand, “My name is Larson McKinley.” She stared at my hand for the longest time with horror sketched somewhere in her expression. “It’s okay.” I smiled and extended it further. “I won’t bite.” Though I want to…

When she steps hesitantly towards me she does something unexpected. She takes my hand, flips it over, and shoves my sleeve all the way up to my elbow in one movement. She examines my wrist intently.

I laugh. "What are you doing?”
She says nothing while she snatches her hands from underneath mine like its fiery hot and stares up at me with her mouth open wide and her eyes glazing with fear.

“You’re no Ontarion.” She stated in a frightened whisper.

“Ontarion?” I ask. She took small steps back, away from me, putting great distance between us. Finally she was hiding behind the tree again.

“What are you?” She whispers, eyes pleading.


BreeTayler

Cardinair


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.