His obsession | Teen Ink

His obsession

December 25, 2019
By em152831 BRONZE, Hemet, California
More by this author
em152831 BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Most of my stories are inspires by simple words. I make up the titles and the story grows around it. His Obsession is just s small introduction to a deeper story going beneth the pages, but even if its short and strait to the point, I enjoyed writing it. 

The author's comments:

This small short story has elements of abusive behaviors, murder, and gore. Please take into thought that this story is based around the main character who is psychotically obsessed with the character Luculia. You have been warned.

        Murder. It's something that’s never even crossed my mind when the beautiful red liquid dripped down the knife in my hand. It was so warm when it first left its home, then slowly it got cold and it was boring again. There was that window of time when the blood was so fresh, the blood that kept it alive. The only reason I did this is because it kept her safe. It was like a hobby now, and it was fun then it stopped moving...they stopped moving. I did this for her. For my Luculia. 

        She was so lovely, with her rusty caramel hair, aquamarine ocean blue eyes, and skin so fair with hints of blush and freckles when she smiled.

She was so beautiful...the way her hair blew in the wind on those fresh afternoons on her porch, the way her rosy-colored cheeks brightened when she ate her favorite dessert, the elegant way her lips parted when she spoke to the librarian, and the way her eyes glistened when she was out on her stroll in the park. 

        The day we met was supposed to be my last. My life had become meaningless after that thanksgiving, but then on Christmas Eve, I saw her. I was heading for the tallest building in the city and I accidentally bumped into her, I was about to just keep walking but something told me to glance back. I did and I saw her. Luculia Lawrence. She was like a light in my abyss of nothing. 

        “Oh sorry.” She said to me as she turned and kept walking after apologizing. I had just stood there, in the mob of people as I watched her disappear. Then as if my body moved on its own, I followed her. Then I came to clearing on a sidewalk and saw her walk into a coffee shop. I entered a bit after her and sat near a table by where she stood to order. 

        “Hello. Can I get a coffee with cream and extra sugar.” She said smiling at the end. I found myself amazed by her. She looked so perfect. “Oh course. Can I get your name.” The barista asked. She reached for her bag and pulled out her card. “Luculia. Luculia Lawrence.” She said handing the payment. I savored her words and glanced down at my hands. They were covered with dried blood, the stains looking brown. I hid them in the sleeves of my black sweatshirt. 

        I glanced back at her and she was gone. I jumped a bit and looked around. I rushed out of the shop and stopped looking in all directions. Just like that, she was gone…Luculia Lawrence. How beautiful. I smiled at the memory of our first encounter, I always wondered if she felt our connection when we met eyes after her apology to me. 

        I sat down in front of its body. His body. He didn’t deserve her. He hurt her...he made her feel less than she was. If I was with her, there wouldn’t be a day she would not smile, there wouldn’t be a second she felt unhappy, and I would fill her life with joy...with safety. She’s grieving right now. Wondering where he is, her friends comforting her. What she really needs is me…

         She caught me by surprise the other day. You see I work in an antique shop, and I see her go in regularly for the history of people’s clothing and belongings fascinated her. So she gave me a spook when I realized she recently found this antique shop, Kittens Antiques. Kitten or Margret is fairly old so I run the shop for her while she visits her grandchildren. 

        Anyway, I was putting some pearls away in the glass casing and she came in. She spoke to me. So lovely. “Hello. I was wondering if I could try those you just put away.” She spoke as she motions for the pearls. “Of course. Uh, my name is Gabriel Bougainvillea.” I said a little spooked at first then shifting to a normal tone. 

         That was our first encounter. There were times we spent hours together, of course, she wasn't aware but still. I will do whatever to keep her safe, even if it means our love will be built upon the bodies of those who have wronged her. She needs me, and I need her. She’s the one. 

        I thought the other one was the one, but I was wrong. I thought Charlie was the one. But she pushed me away, she didn’t know I was good for her. She was blinded by him, by Michael. He made her afraid of me...I had to get rid of him, but she walked in. She saw me...

          She yelled at me. Monster. Murderer. Killer. She’s wrong, I was protecting her from the toxic influence of his lies. She made me mad. I didn’t mean to, but I did. She stopped moving. Breathing. Her eyes didn’t shine anyone. Then I realized she wasn’t special. It was my love that made her special. 

        I won’t make that mistake again. I would never hurt Luculia. She’s my girl. Mine alone. She will realize I’m hers and that she belongs to me. Luculia… Luculia Bougainvillea ...that sounds perfect.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.