The Fallen: Cassiel | Teen Ink

The Fallen: Cassiel

April 17, 2013
By CallaLilly BRONZE, Salem, Indiana
More by this author
CallaLilly BRONZE, Salem, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You cant be yourself if you dont believe in you."


Cassiel’s fall: 2,000 Years ago.
I could hear the sickening crack as Adriel crushed my wings between his very own hands; the pain came later once I could actually focus.

“You are guilty of high treason brother Cassiel; the tribunal that is held by your people have found you guilty of murder. How do you yourself plead?” Cerviel was asking a question, I would not lie down as my so called brothers trampled me like the very Earth they fear.
I stood up, struggling to get up from my knees, but once I was up I stood tall, “I plead innocence brother, I was framed and I will find the traitor who should be blamed.”
The crowd erupted in shouts and words that shouldn’t have been used from our kind towards our kind. I looked around at my brothers, searching for only one, when my eyes landed on Arael she averted my gaze, the shame of me written clearly on her face.
“You have been found guilty Cassiel, your punishment is severe. Your wings have been broken and you are being locked from Heaven for the remainder of eternity. You are now an archangel, may our lord and savior have mercy on you as you walk his lands on a crooked path of sin. Adriel, open the gates and finish this tribunal.” Cerviel walked away from the scene not wanting to see the pain that has to be caused.
“You are making a mistake brothers and sisters, you will see that soon enough!” Adriel grabbed my broken wings and opened the gates with a swift kick, throwing me outside of them in 2 swift motions. I could feel the wind as I fell, and taste the air around me polluted with humans waste. As the ground grew closer I braced myself for the impact. I tried to move my wings but sharp pains were sent through my body.
I tried to brace myself for the impact, but nothing could prepare me for the jarring pains that were sent through my body once I finally made impact into earth’s soil. Leaving a crater almost 5 feet deep, and making it look like a smoke bomb had gone off around me. I lay there for minutes, hours, maybe a day before I opened my eyes and looked around.

Once I could stand I got an uncontrollable urge to yell my survival and my innocence, “Brothers! I shall forgive you for your sins, but I will never forgive you for your treachery! I will prove my innocence and you will all fall to your knees before me!”

The heavens boomed with replies, I could feel their hatred and some of their fear. I looked at my surroundings and saw nothing but desert, but I would survive this fall, I would climb my way back to my brothers.

I walked in the direction I thought would take me to civilization, waiting for my wings to heal so I could fly over deserted land. Plotting my revenge and knowing it was wrong of me to plot. Once my mind was set, my plan would be put in action and I would have my wings back, my snowy white wings with no imperfections. Looking at them now I was disgusted, colors of black and red, making me look like a winged demon. My brothers fault of course, so my plan came easily.

My revenge would be their fall from Heaven just as I had fallen.

I yelled out of anger and the grounds I stood on shook, as though an earthquake was upon the world. A hole fell through the ground and steam rose from it, what walked out of that hole was beyond anything I had seen in all my years. The beyond fallen arch devil Asmodeus, and he was unlike any description I had ever heard.

“Come fallen brother, we have many things to do with little time.” The Supreme of nine hells stepped aside to offer me entrance, a sickening smile slowly spreading across his face as I took each step.


“As the Archangel Cassiel fell from his world and onto ours over 3,900 years ago, we were all in danger of his vengeance. For his fellow Angel brother’s betrayal, mankind would suffer for eternity.”

The class erupted with shouts and clapping, reading my personal dream journal wasn’t as bad as I had thought. All though if I hadn’t procrastinated writing my actual journal…that wouldn’t have been necessary. I walked to my seat, sitting by my friend Kazey and she high-fives me as we quietly chatted about how I wrote the “story.”

Nobody had to know that Cassiel wasn’t just a character I came up with…or that he was the one always in my dreams. If everyone knew that then I’d be ruined and my life as the wall flower would be worse.

The bell rang signaling the end of the day and time to get home. I had to go baby-sit the neighbor’s twin girls, but I loved them so it was no problem at all. I gathered my stuff and started my long walk home. Daydreaming of my sweet Cassiel and his fall from grace, how in the end he’d pick his Demon Legion over me. That part wasn’t really a daydream, more of a day-mare. The fear followed me after the dream’s came and gone, the fear that if someone loved me as much as he did in my dreams, then chose a crap load of demons over me…what pain would I feel then?

I arrived home and grabbed my bag of fun for the girls, and then I headed across the street and began my favorite time of day. Coloring with the girls, painting glittery pictures, painting their nails and applying a little make-up to them, fixing their hair and playing dress up. That was the life I wanted when I was older, the life of someone who loved me and would provide a home for children if it was decided…I guess not someone like my dream Angel.

Around midnight the girls passed out on the couch and I carried them to their beds down the hall. Once they were all tucked in and secure, I grabbed my phone and headed to the guest room as usual. Once my head hit the pillow I was asleep within minutes, going back to the sweet caresses of Cassiel.

Dreams:

“Cassiel...Cassiel, where are you?” I wondered around the forest, searching for him and wishing he was already here. Hands covered my eyes seconds later and instantly I smiled.

“Guess who?” His deep voice, like the purr of a lion to his lioness, melts me every time.

“George…Joey…Vincent…hmmm Cassiel?” The hands fell away and I was spun into his sweet embrace.

“My Angel, my light, I’ve waited so long for you many times, but it seems like it takes so much longer every time you go away.” He laid his face in my hair and took a long breath.

“Sometimes I’m so excited to see you I can’t fall asleep fast enough Cass, it’s beginning to take its toll on me to.” I wrapped my arms as far as they would go around him, which was almost in the middle of his sculpted back. Cassiel was a beautiful man, so outstandingly caring and an so strong and protective. His eyes were the color of onyx; they matched his hair, minus one spot that was a blood red color. He kept his hair kind of short, short enough for him to spike it and keep it out of his face. He had a long black tribal tattoo the ran from the back of his left shoulder, all the way down his chest and most of his left side. It was as beautiful as he was; it made him who he was. He was 6’7 and stood way over my 5’8; he was muscled and toned with no imperfections. When he’d let me see his wings, even they were perfect. The red and black colors mixing to create the most beautiful things I had ever seen.

“Why are you being so silent today Raelynn, don’t you enjoy seeing me?” His voice sounded a little angry and a little hurt. There were pools of sadness where his onyx eyes should have rested.

“I was quiet because I was thinking about you, and all your perfections. How much I’ll miss you when I have to go, how I wish I could be with you always.” I turned my face so he couldn’t see the pain in my own eyes, the pain of wanting something and someone that could never happen.

“I will find a way to be with you always, if that is what you truly want.”
My heart about leaped out of my chest and attacked him, “Of course that’s what I want Cassiel, I want nothing else as much as I want you.”

He smirked a little as a laugh escaped his lips, “You already have me, and you will always have me Raelynn. I’ve never been far from you, and I never will be either.” He wrapped his arms tighter around me and pulled me off the ground and up to his face, placing light kisses on my face and lips. “I have to go for now, when you come to me tonight I promise I will have a way for you to be with me every second of your life Raelynn.”

I noticed the world around me fading, he was fading away too. I didn’t know what else to do so I just clung to him, “I love you Cassiel, my fallen Angel, my world, and I love you.” I saw his smile and as he faded, I woke up.

\Cassiel/

I slowly opened my eyes, still feeling the tingle of her being in my arms. It was a very odd feeling for me, but one you could get use to if it was from the right person… In this case I was the very wrong person for that feeling. I was not just a fallen Angel; I was now a very powerful Archangel. I commanded 60 legions of hell; I was General Cassiel the leader of 60 Goetia demon legions.

I was accused of a crime over three thousand years ago, one that I myself did not commit. Killing an Angel was the worst treason you could ever be guilty of in Heaven. I was tossed to earth like I was trash and treated as a criminal. My ‘brothers’ will learn what treachery is, and they will learn all too soon for my suffering.

I got up from my bed and pulled on my black pants, not bothering with a shirt since I was going to fly. I was going to see my true brother, Asmodeus, because he would know how I could go about getting to Raelynn, or how I could get her to me. I walked over to my balcony, looking out upon my land. The smell of sulfur every where, molten rivers of lava surrounding my own home, and the inescapable screams of tortured souls coming from beyond Asmodeus’s slave prisons. It seemed as though it was going to be a wonderful day in hell, or at least for some of the more qualified beings it would be. I could feel eyes on me so I turned around and Shadax had propped himself on my bed staring at me intently. He was a gift from Hades himself, the pup of his hound Cerberus.

“Your going to get your hound slime and fur all over my bed aren’t you Shad?” I shot the dog a smirk and he rolled all over my bed, picking a pillow up in his slobbering mouth. I shook my head as he trotted over for praise, so I lightly patted his head then gave him a good scratch on his back. “I’m going to Asmodeus’s, you will tear nothing up while I am gone or I will feed you to your own father in pieces, do you understand?” My response was a low growl and him going back to my bed and jumping on it. “I’m serious Shadax; I’m tired of your messes.” With that said I walked out onto the balcony and spread my wings, then jumping over the railing I began falling…Then with one sweep of my powerful wings I slowed and balanced out.

Flying to Asmodeus’s was never my favorite thing to do; he lived across the lake that went all the way around his home. The worst part was the small towers that shot up hot lava when it sensed motion, so he liked to complicate things, a lot. I landed on his doorstep and banged on the door. A loud roar came from inside his house, shaking the whole island he lived on. Others would have ran right back to safety, I stood and awaited the beast himself.

The door flew open and there he stood, “What do you want you pathetic-,” He seen me and instantly stopped bellowing in my face, “Well hello Cassiel, to what do I owe this visit during my slumber?” He was always such an awful man if he was disturbed.

“I need to find someone, meaning I need to go up. So how do I go about this situation?”

He eyes me very closely, “Your going to get the girl aren’t you? I warn you now brother it is not wise for you to go about this plan.” He seemed to show a little concern.

“I have never failed you, no matter what the request-“

“And now look at where I have gotten you, I am the supreme of 9 hells, and you control 60 legions of Goetia demons! Your life here is beyond perfect, why do you wish to change it?”

“Because she’s my revenge brother, I have found a way to work my way through the gates of Heaven, and from there I will unleash the power of my legions. We could rule Asmodeus, the entire universe.” His eyes showed recognition of what I had planned and his slimy slow smile came to his face.

“Good thinking Cassiel, maybe you command many more legions of the Goetia…To return to earth you must have Hades approval, and my own. Seeing as now you have mine all you have to do is convince Hades this is how we gain control.”

I instantly flared my wings and gave them a push to raise me, “Then we shall rule brother, all of hell shall be released on earth.”

“That we shall brother, oh that we shall.”
I raced to Hades, his palace being very large and hard not to find. The last time I had seen him was three-hundred years ago, when I received Shadax. His wife Persephone was quite the woman, she was always so welcoming towards the guests. Once I landed on his porch, his hellhound came baring teeth and barking like a mad beast.

“Down Cerberus! I come to speak to Hades not be growled at by his pup!” He stared at me for the longest moment, then he unwillingly stepped aside and I made my way to the true gates of hell. I knocked swiftly and then waited for the door to open.

“Coming! Hades you have a visitor, stop plotting world domination you tattered fool!” The door came open and Persephone looked me up and down, “Well hey there soldier, how are you doing Cassiel?” She gave me her sly smile and a wink.

“I have no time for you woman, I have business with Hades that must be taken care of right now.” She had a pout on her face now, she had not once been turned down by Hades soldiers, and he seemed not to mind her betrayal. I think he honestly rather enjoyed it.

I followed her into the sitting room, Hades stood before a long table scattered with books and sacred scrolls only he had access to. “What can I do for you Cassiel?”

“I need access to earth, as soon as you can give it to me.”

He looked up, a slow smile appearing on his face, “So its true…you have figured out a way to take the universe from them?” I nod and stand straighter than before, “Well, then you should leave as soon as possible, remember…you are to stay focused, do not veer from this path you have chosen Cassiel, everything has a consequence.”

<Raelynn Bennet>

It was almost time to go home, and all I wanted to do was fall asleep. I felt so alone when he wasn’t around; it was the worst feeling in the world to me. I listened as Mr. Jacobs announced that our book reports were due in 2 days…I hadn’t even started mine yet. I looked out the window; the sky was a dark grey, almost a black color. The weather man hadn’t said anything about storms today, but then again…he’s never been right about the weather for here anyways. There were birds flying around in a circle around one spot near the parking lot, it looked like there was thousands of them. It also looked like they were near my car, which I was praying wasn’t covered in bird crap.

The bell rang and I hurried to my locker and then towards the student parking lot. For some reason I felt I needed to get there and it was taking to long to actually get there. I started to jog when someone grabbed a hold of me and pulled me around the corner. I looked up and it was my ex boyfriend Conrad.

“What the hell Conrad! I have to get to my car!”

“Rae, you cant go out there, there’s something out there that isn’t right, and its by your car!” He looked worried and really scared.

“Conrad, worry about yourself and your girlfriend, which is not me.” I pried his fingers off my arms and headed to the doors.

“Rae! Don’t go out there!” He either wasn’t going to try to stop me again; he was scared to get near the doors.

People were huddled in front of the doors, trying to see what was going on. I had to push trough most of my school to get up front and see. The black birds had landed in various spots all over the school, but there was one path where none of the birds had landed. I pushed open the door and stood on the steps.

“Raelynn, get back inside!” Kazey was yelling for me over loud whispers and comments people were making.

I ignored her and continued towards my car, wanting to know what was going on. I stepped over a few birds who hopped in my way, accidentally stepping on ones wing. It called out then took off, landing in a tree where clearly I couldn’t step on it again.

“Raelynn?” That voice, as deep as the ocean and still a lion’s purr.

I looked up and he was standing there, looking as he looked all the time, just so perfect. I couldn’t find my words to speak for a moment and when I could I thought I would cry, “Cassiel…You’re here?” I took a step towards him.

He held out his hand and nodded his head, “Yes, I’m here…just for you. Come, let me hold you for real.”

I jogged into his arms, and the second they were around me, I had a feeling I knew only he could give me. I felt the tears coming down my face as he started to spin me around, “Oh Cass, I can’t believe your actually here with me.” He gently placed me back on the ground and then he leaned down and put his hands on my face.

“I told you, I would find a way to be with you. I meant it the moment I said it to you Raelynn, I could never have broken a promise to you.” His forehead was against mine.

“Get away from her!” We jerked around and I saw Conrad and half the football team running towards us. I instantly placed my self in front of him, which did no good because he pulled me aside and pushed me behind him.

“I am Cassiel of the Goetia, I command 60 legions of demons and you think I’m scared of puny human boys,” he gave a short laugh, “This is just beyond pathetic.” He took a step forward and in second a huge gust of wind knocked me down, and when I looked up his huge wings were expanded and he had Conrad by the throat, “I could throw you so high, when you came down you’d be nothing but a puddle in the ground.”

“Then do it, but you stay away from her!” Conrad was turning deep red.

“Naïve little boy, I’m not going to hurt her! I should crush you for thinking I’d harm Raelynn!” The rage in his voice was impossible to miss, so I pushed myself up and ran to him.

I gently placed my hand on his arm, “Cass, put him down they don’t understand. Anyone in their right mind would be scared of you.” I pleaded with him through my eyes, but his were pure red right now, so I wasn’t sure he was going to listen, “Cassiel, please just put him down…Your not this, you could never be this.” Instantly the rage drained from his face and he dropped Conrad to the ground. He drawled his wings back in and just stood there glaring at Conrad.

“Go, but the next time you threaten me with you actions…I will kill you, and she will not be able to save you.” He turned and looked into my eyes, the changed to a soft grey color before going back onyx. He stepped close to me and placed his hand on my cheek, stroking up and down with his thumb, “Thank you, for reminding me I’m not as far fallen as people believe me to be.”

“I will always remind you that you’re not fallen that far…but you also have to remind yourself of something Cass. These are humans, you’re an angel, of course they are going to be threatened by your presence and feel like they have to protect themselves, until you show them that they don’t have to.”

“I understand where you are coming from, but I was only trying to protect you, as I always will.” He stared into my eyes, nothing could give me the feeling he gave me…nothing from this planet could have ever gave me this feeling.

\Cassiel/

Trying to show so many emotions was confusing. I tried to be me, but then again the old me towards her. We were lying in a field, one she said was secluded and nobody would bother us at. I listened to her talk about her family, her friends, her school and anything else she wanted to talk about.

“Cass, would you have came if I wasn’t me?” I thought about her question, the meaning behind what she was asking.

“I’m not sure I should have came, because you are you, and also because I am me…It’s very confusing to be here with you right now.” I looked over at her and she had her head turned away from me, “I wouldn’t want to be here if it wasn’t for you though.” I tried to lie my way back into her happiness.

“I just have awful feelings sometimes…They make me want to ask you so many questions, but I just don’t feel comfortable asking them.”

“Raelynn, you can ask me anything you would like to, I promise to be honest and answer you truthfully, but remember…don’t ask for the answer of a question you don’t want to know.” She nodded and rolled onto her belly, her face still away from mine.

We stayed there for the longest time, not knowing what to say to each other. While she wasn’t talking I was perfecting my plans…I would feel bad for her dying, but I would rule part of the Heavens, so it was worth the price for what I would get in return.
+++++Time Elapse+++++

Forty-one days, I have been on earth for that long, and she still will no look at me the way she had in her dreams. I have bought her the most beautiful home, bought her a car, I have done everything to please this woman, but she still does not smile at me. I feel like I’ve done something wrong, but then again I’m not sure it’s a bad feeling or a good one. I create another plan to get back into her good graces.

“Raelynn, would you like to go out tonight? I know you are probably hungry, you haven’t eaten anything today.”

“Cassiel, how do you think they’d look at us if we went out…they’d stone us to death.” She got up from the couch and went into the kitchen. If she would not be reasonable, neither would I.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed her arm, she jerked around and looked at me then tried to pull away. When that didn’t work she looked scared, but when I pulled her to me and leaned my forehead against hers, she stopped fighting me. I rubbed her cheek with one hand, then I leaned farther down to kiss her. Her lips tasted like strawberries in the summertime coated in sugar. She wrapped her arms around me the best she could and sighed into my mouth.

“I want to take you out Raelynn, and you will go willingly or you will go as you are.” I had a rough tone to my voice and I had no idea what it was from.

“Fine, have it your way for now Cass, but I’ll get my way later then.” She winked at me then walked into the bathroom to get ready.

I went and sat on the couch to wait for her, but the doorbell rang. I got up and started to button the black shirt Raelynn had loved so much. The person at the door grew impatient, so they rang the bell again, “I am coming!”

I flung the door open and saw something I never thought I’d see again, at least not while I was here. Arael stood at the door, a plain white dress showing her curves. Her caramel skin looking as soft as the last day I’d touched it. Her hair was pulled to the side and braided, she was still Arael, “Good evening Cassiel, do you have a moment?”

“No, actually I don’t. I was just about to take Raelynn out.” Her eyes glowed with jealousy, I could taste it and it gave me power over her.

“You’re going about this very wrong Cassiel, and if you continue down this path, you’ll begin a war on earth. You-There won’t be- Nobody will win the war. I have seen it and there will not be a victory on either side,” She reached out and touched my face, “Cassiel, please…If you stop this war you can come home. Gaurn admitted that he was the one to kill Kladues, you can come back.”

I placed my hand over hers, cherishing her touch for only a moment, “This is my war Arael, and I will not. I will come home when I conquer all of the Heaven’s and you all bow to me.” I pulled her hand from my face and threw it down, as if it were the hand of a corpse.

She looked down for a long moment, but when she looked up tears streamed down her face, “Then you will die, and your son will have never known the good of you.”

“My son?” I was completely lost now, I had a son?

“Yes, your son, he belongs to you Cassiel. He’s the reason they have agreed to let you back…that and Gaurn’s confession. He’s already almost full grown, in human age he’s about 16…He looks just like you Cassiel, and it haunts me every day your gone.” I was shocked and bewildered! I had missed many years of my child’s life! But…I had a duty to my Legions as their leader.

“Take your sob story and carry it back to the Heaven’s Arael, because the boy will know me as I am,” I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her against me, crashing my lips onto hers. She didn’t fight me, but rubbed her hands up my chest to the back of my neck…It send cold chill’s through my body, but still I pulled away from her, “And I will conquer the Heavens, or I will die trying Arael, and if I do conquer, I will have you and my son.”

There was horror in her eyes mixed with the tears, “You will not have us, because I will die before I fall as far as you have.” She turned and walked into the street, her wings slowly expanding, “His name is Casteel, he is named after you Cassiel, and he sees the life you are leading.” She jumped off the ground and hovered for a moment, staring at me, then with a swift movement of her wings, she was flying towards the clouds.

I stand there for a while, a long while…Trying to picture what Casteel could look like.

“Cassiel? Who was that at the door?” Raelynn comes up behind me, taking her finger and tracing my tattoo. It sends fire through my body, Arael had left me unsatisfied. I turn and grab her tiny hips in my hands, just then realizing she is in a very tiny bath towel.

“It was nobody of importance, my love. Why don’t we have it your way now and my own way later?”

She smirked and placed a kiss on my chest, then she took my hand and lead me to our room. As soon as we were behind closed doors, I let a ferocious growl escape my throat and we had our way together.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.