Wandering Soul | Teen Ink

Wandering Soul

By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Summary:

The world as we know it came to an end in June, year 1290 when the nuclear war broke out. People claimed that the Cold War had come to an end in the late 1900s when Mikhail Gorbachev came into power and the U.S.S.R. fell drastically from its high position. It turns out people were wrong.
For years instead, it had been brewing malignantly beneath the roofs of the two sides’ heads. It was on the whim of two said to be extraordinary men under normal circumstances that it happened. Yet it was not under normal circumstances when the first bomb was released so suddenly, upsetting before killing the most optimistic of a people there ever was in a hundred years. But after so many great years, it was only fair that the world took such a rough turn.
Nobody, however, accounted for the world’s end on their agendas. Nobody was prepared. I, barely settling in my first year at college, certainly was not prepared.

Theresa E.

Wandering Soul

DaylightDarkness SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

Everyone's crazy. You know why? We all want to be normal. Well, we cant define normal, and, the people you can point at and say, well isn't he/she normal are rare. Doesnt that kind of defeat the pupose of normal? -My Friend

I read more, Chapter 3 now, I really really like this. Its a concept I haven't seen before, and it's a really adult one, written in the teenage point of veiw. I can't wait to see what Rose (hehe) will do next, or if the others will sense her, or find more survivors. The more I read the more I like this.

The ONE thing I will say, and I say this to a lot of people so it might be just me, but I wish there was a little more character developement... I think it would help a little. Rose so far is really good, I understand where she's coming from. I wish there was more for David and Natalya though... they section where they're talking about their background was good, but flat- I want more.

Otherwise, brilliant, I can't wait to read more!

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks! :)

this is really really good! Normally im not that interested in sci-fi but I definately like this one! great job, im hungry for more!

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Yeah, maybe. I kind of wanted it to be mysterious, like 'oh! what a coincidence!' kind of thing, but it doesn't have much of an impact if it's not clear. So thanks! I'll try to do that! :)

TheSilverLaurel GOLD, Goole, Other
this is really good, but the 927 part could have been made a bit more obvious (typed it on her phone to remeber?) but the rest is really well written. :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks! :)

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I really liked this!!!! It's interesting... great job! :-)

writeamongthestars BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." - Walt Disney Company

Wow I just realized you replied to this because I didn't post this under my profile. Anyways, other than the number typo I thought it was a really good story, and I'd definitely like to hear the rest of it. :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Okay, I'll keep that mistake in mind and change it. I'm planning on rereading this story and gain inspiration to begin writing the next chapter. I've written the ending, actually, but I kind of need to fill the middle. Thanks for the feedback! :)

IncorrectlyWired GOLD, Milford, Virginia

"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle

Okay, I'm finally done, and I'm bummed that you're not. I really want this resolved, which means that you've done a good job. I only noticed two small grammatical errors. One was "Us in the news industry" should be "We int the news industry." There was one other thing in the third chapter... but I lost it. :P Anyway, this was really good, and really intriguing.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

You're right about the code. I probably should've made that a littler clearer. And take your time. I'm glad for any feedback anytime. I don't want to rush you or anything. :)

on Jun. 29 2011 at 12:05 am

Okay, I also was unsure as to which code you were using... I had thought it was the 1=A 2=B etc... Thank you for cleaing that up! I shall read the rest, I really am interested, I just have a limited time on the computer, so it might take me a while. :/

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Well, the 927/937 thing was a mistake. (I mentioned it in a reply to someone else.) It's supposed to be 927. And I don't know if you have those phones where each number has three or four letters to it, but 927 does spell 'war'. I checked. Yeah, the awkward parts... For the record, I didn't edit the first chapter at all when I posted it. I just really liked the idea I was on to, so. But I promise, the next few chapters are written much better. Anyway, I'd love another comment. (Just trying to clear some things up) :) Thanks for the feedback. I am cleaning this first chapter up. :)

on Jun. 28 2011 at 11:11 am

Well, I definitely want to keep reading, but right now I've only read the first chapter. First of all, how does 9, 3, and 7 spell "war"? And second, is it 9,3,7 or 9,2,7? You wrote both on accident. There were a few other small awkward parts, but I can't remember them. :P Anyway, so far, so good! I'll wait to rate it till I'm done. I'll also probably post another comment.

on Jun. 26 2011 at 10:06 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I will! Thanks. :)

on Jun. 26 2011 at 7:48 am
writerthinkerdreamer BRONZE, Narnia, Massachusetts

"Just keep swimming," ~Dory, Finding Nemo

This is great! I really love it...  :) Write more!

on Jun. 26 2011 at 1:06 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Is it really?? Thank you! That means a lot. :)

SilverspeakInkpen BRONZE, Prunedale, California

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.

This is amazing....I want to say wonderful job!...

on Jun. 24 2011 at 11:06 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you so much! :)

TwasBrilling BRONZE, Staunton, Va, Virginia

"The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk" -H.W. Hegel

"Words are our most inexhaustable source of magic' -Albus Dumbledore

This is GREAT! I loved the plot line (sci-fi is one of my fav genres) and, the writing was superb!