If This is Heaven...Where is She? | Teen Ink

If This is Heaven...Where is She?

February 13, 2011
By suckerpunch234 BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin
More by this author
suckerpunch234 BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason,
-- over every idea.
Latin Proverb


I wasn’t always dead. I mean sure of course I was alive before I died. But most people here just think I’ve lost my mind. When I ask them what happened to them, no one seems to know. But that’s why I’m so special… because I do remember. I remember that cold night that I died. I was younger than I am now. Maybe I’m the same age but I still looked much younger, happier on other terms. It was my fifteenth birthday. I awoke to find nothing in my room. No posters, no pictures, not even paint on the walls. Just a lamp on the floor, and a mattress. I was so confused until I remember what had happened the previous week. I saw my mother get strangled to death and I became medically crazy. So they sent me to the Asylum. I wanted to stay with my father and little sister Marie, but Daddy told me that I would love it there. He was wrong. I sat in a room until noon, ate lunch, went back to my room, and remembered the scene of my mother’s death over and over again. I wouldn’t stop remembering until my roommate Giselle would put her hand over my screaming mouth and I would pass out. Then I would awake and repeat the same thing day in and day out. I don’t really remember why Giselle was in the Asylum. She seemed pretty normal to me. I mean, I didn’t know a single person in the outside world that wanted to hear me scream from the pain all day and all night. But when I awoke with her left hand over my mouth and a dagger in the right, I knew it was all over. She stabbed me in the throat; I guess she thought I would stop the screaming. She didn’t mean to kill me I think. But she hit an artery while she dragged it down my body to my chest. I died almost immediately. I wasn’t glad that I died don’t get me wrong. But I was going to see my mother again. I was happy that I didn’t have to be afraid anymore. But when I got here, I didn’t see her. There was brightness all around with a slight yellow hue everywhere else. A man approached me. Was rather tall, but when I looked down I realized I was sprawled out on the clouds. Did I get to heaven? When I stood up, the man introduced himself as God, but he wanted all the angels to call him Code. Code showed me around the place and I was happier than when I first arrived. But this isn’t heaven where I am. If this is heaven, then my mom should be here. She believed in God and heaven. But is this is heaven... where is she?

The first day was one of the best. Code introduced me to many angels and made me feel comfortable. He said that I would be in the same quarters as another angel that had just recieved her wings. I didn't get mine yet but Code reasured me that wihtin good time I would be a full fledged angel. But for now, I was called Mortal Carrie. When I got my wings, I was Angel Carrie.

I walked into the quarters and to no suprise, the quarters had plush clouds below and plusher clouds above. Code told me to wait in the quarters while he got Angel Victoria, my roomate.

I knew from the moment that I saw Angel Victoria that this was the best place for an afterlife. Her auburn, curly hair bounced gently with her stride towards me. When she embraced me, she smelled of summer air and radiated a beautiful olive tone.

"Welcome to heaven Mortal Carrie! I'm Angel Victoria and I just have this great feeling that when you get your wings, we will be the best of angel friends!" After our brief chat, Angel Victoria and I left our quarters and she took me on the grand tour.

"The rules here are very simple, wish for it and it becomes. If you want to have a huge swimming pool filled to the brim with cool, soothing water, just wish and it becomes." In the blink of an eye, a huge swimming pool filled to the brim with cool, soothing water surrounded me. The relaxing atmosphere was enjoyable, until I was swimming in nothing.

"What happened to the pool?"

"Code doesn't like when mortals come and wish, so until you become an angel, you only get a little time with each wish."

The first day was great. Carefree, painless, and invigorating. I hardly remembered to search for my mom. But when I asked, Victoria seemed shocked I would think of such things.

"If you don't want to stay, you can go. But no matter what, you do not ask to find someone like your mother. She traded her soul to Code's arch enemy. She didn't want this so she left. If you wish to see her, you may, but just remember, one peak and then she's gone."

I couldn't believe that my inncocent mother would ever in her right mind sell her soul. But it was weird. In the Bible, God's only enemy is Satan. So knowing that why didn't Victoria just say that she sold her soul to the devil? Not that I was proud to hear my mom sold her soul but just the same.

Something was fishy here, I didn't know what then because I was so focused on all the cool powers I could get here. but now I am aware of where I am. It is definately not where my mother is. But if she is there, and I'm here...will I ever be with her again?



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.