When do kids become adults? | Teen Ink

When do kids become adults?

By amberlyriggins BRONZE, Goshen, Ohio
amberlyriggins BRONZE, Goshen, Ohio

Do kids become adults between 18 and 25? People say kids become adults in there mid 20’s and some say the become adults at age 16. Even though there is not a solid answer most people would say at around age 18. Kids becoming adults at 19 makes a lot more sense to me because when they are 18 they are fresh out of high school and might be really busy with college and then when they are 19 they have a little bit more control on their life. A few reasons why kids become adults when they are 19. One reason how kids become adult are when they are 19 is parents can give them advice and not do it for them, they make their own choices.

One reason why kids become adults at 19 is when their parents can give them advice and not do it for them, which is a way adults are responsible. On page #242, and page #200 the author says, “Their college kids have campus resources for help, so why not use them. Parents can help by considering long range goals rather than short term ones.” This evidence supports that kids ask their parents a question or ask them to do something for them the parents should instead of doing it for them they should give them good advice and then recommend some teachers on the campus. Kids don't just  become adults when their parents don't have to do stuff for them anymore and just have to give them some advice. They also become an adult when they make their own choices.

Another way kids become adults is when they make their own choices. On P#240 "A parents roll in the path to adulthood" The author says, "They allow 16 year old  children to drink but not to drive until they are 19.” This evidence proves that even though a kid is 16 they have the choice to drink or not but they don't have a choice to drive until they are 19. And that people think 16 year old's are considered adults when they aren't even out of high school yet. Even though kids become adults when they can make their own choices some people think that this is not true.

Some people say kids become adults when they turn in their mid 20’s. If kids become adults at age 25 but however,  they wouldn’t have enough time to plan out what their future would look like. On page #242 the author says, "Individuals between the ages of 18-25 need opportunities to make their own choices." This evidence proves that  people need enough time to learn all of the responsibilities of being an adult. Most people don't get taught in school about what you have to do when you an adult and most schools don't even teach kids and students about it. Even though people say kids are fully adults at 25, it doesn't mean that they are capable of taking care of themselves without knowing how to.

In conclusion, these are a few reasons kids become adults at age 19. A few reasons are when their parents can give them advice and not do it for them and when they make their own choices. Even though when kids turn 18 they are considered as adults doesn’t mean they actually are and most people don’t get that. That's why I feel like kids don't truly become adults until they are 19 years old.

This is an argumentative essay that i have done in class.

-Amberly riggins

Tt: Your._.amber Insta: they.all_luv.amber