Stereotypes | Teen Ink

Stereotypes

By GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts

No matter where you are from there will always be stereotypes. For one there is emo. Alot of people think that if you always have dark clothes or like the colors black and red then you are definatly emo. Not true at all. Also people think if you shop at places like Hot Topic and get there really cool gloves and stuff like that, the first thing people say is "emo" or "goth" when you might not be at all. When they think of gothic people they think more along the lines of emo, or cutters. It's almost like, if you don't dress or talk a certain way then your a freak. People really don't understand the word "normal". This word, even, has become a stereotype. When you think of normal you may think of a nice, semi-quiet, outgoing person. or when you think of "pretty" you think of someone who is mabye blonde, and has blue eyes and perfect teeth. As one can see that was also stereotyped. Everyone is pretty in there own way, but people of today can't overlook imperfections. Anyway what is "perfect"? Is it someone who is always right and "pretty" etc.? There are definatly too many stereotypes, I personally believe people should shut-up about them and let everyone be themselves.