Rick Snyder | Teen Ink

Rick Snyder

By Dechiaro13 BRONZE, Cohoes, New York
Dechiaro13 BRONZE, Cohoes, New York

Who would be able to trust someone who lied to his people? 9 months of letting his people drink contaminated water letting the children of flint to bathe and drink this water. Governor Rick Snyder ignored all emails about the issue of led being in the Flint's water. The residents of Flint believe that Governor Rick Snyder should resign or step down. I also believe that after this tragic event he should resign or step down also.

Brad Wurfel emailed governor Rick Snyder on Friday March 13, 2015 telling him that this was the second time he was emailing him about this issue. Governor Rick Snyder did not reveal these emails until January 13. He said he'd been told about the public health problem just a few days earlier. He said “his staff became peripherally aware that the hospitals in Genesee we're seeing an uptick in legionnaires cases”. Brad Wurfel email also told the governor that “legionnaires is a waterborne illness”. Also “more than 40 cases reported since last April that's a significant uptick more than all the cases in the last five years or more combined”. There were at least 87 cases across Genesee County during a 17-month period. Including 9 deaths, but the public was never told about the increase when it was happening, even after an initial wave of more than 40 cases was known by early 2015.

Brandon Dillon, chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party for the first time called on Snyder to resign. Dillon said in a news release that Snyder "is either a victim of the culture of secrecy that he created or he’s lying." "It is time for him to resign."