Mental Health in Tinseltown: When the Spotlight Gets Too Bright, and the Instagram Filter Just Won't Do | Teen Ink

Mental Health in Tinseltown: When the Spotlight Gets Too Bright, and the Instagram Filter Just Won't Do

August 20, 2023
By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
79 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.


Ah, the life of a celebrity! Where your morning coffee run becomes front-page news, and a bad hair day can trend on Twitter. But beneath the veneer of perfect selfies and red-carpet glam, many stars fight battles that no Instagram filter can fix.

Remember when Britney Spears made Bald the new black in 2007? Or when Kanye West took his "I am a God" lyrics a tad too seriously and visited the Oval Office? And let's not forget our dear Justin Bieber, who went from singing "Baby" to having a monkey confiscated in Germany. Ah, growing pains!

But in all seriousness, these moments, while meme-worthy, often hint at deeper struggles. Stars like Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez have been candid about their mental health challenges, proving that no fame or fortune can shield you from the human experience of anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues.

So, the next time you see a celebrity meme or a "shocking" tabloid headline, remember: they might just be having a rough day, week, or year. And if they can get through 2007, Britney, they can get through anything. Here's to hoping we all find our own version of a comeback tour!


The author's comments:

Ah, the life of a celebrity!