Wild Animals As Pets | Teen Ink

Wild Animals As Pets

May 26, 2014
By yocelyne hernandez BRONZE, Austin, Texas
yocelyne hernandez BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Wild Animal as Pet



Pet are kind creatures that protect and will always be loyal to their owners. But there is a certain limit to pets you can’t keep. A wild animal is a limit that should not be passed. Many people have wild animals as pets and they think that they can get away with that. But they forget that wild animals are dangerous, carry disease, since we don’t know how to take care of them they die, and they have a certain roll to play in the wild life. They are just not meant to be kept in a cage.

Have you ever experienced a wild animal attacking you? These are one of the reasons why we should not keep a wild animal as a pet. Wild animals attack at any time and we won’t know how, why, or when their actions are unknown. People say that they are not scarred of them. It’s not that you are scarred of them, It’s that you frighten them and they’re just protecting them self. Then you end up getting killed or injured. That is why they’re dangerous because their actions are unpredictable.

Animals have these diseases that can stick to us and get sick or die just like that. Wild animals carry these diseases throughout their life and when we keep them as pets they can spread them to us. There are many diseases. There is rabies, Hepatitis B, Salmonella, etc. Many people know the disease rabies. It’s like a soda exploded in your mouth, but you die quickly. These are all diseases that we need to watch out for if you keep wild animals as pets.

The capture of these wild animals is harmful to their health and their environment. When people keep wild animals as pets they do not know how to take care of these animals. Once they know more about them, they either get sick or die. The majority of them are in cages like dogs. But not even dogs can be in a cage that small. They need a lot of space as well. A wild animals is not going to be or ever will be civilized like a dog on a leash. The wild will never go away from them. It’s in their blood.

Yes wild animals are good to keep for protection. But there is more of a chance that the animal or you will get hurt. Which one would you rather choose? Now instead of keeping them in cages and taking a huge risk, why don’t we just take more care of our forest that way no one takes a risk. Tear down the old buildings that aren’t used and make animal sanctuaries.