Top 5 YA Novels That Will Make You Swoon | Teen Ink

Top 5 YA Novels That Will Make You Swoon

By MoniqueDanao BRONZE, Pasig, Other
MoniqueDanao BRONZE, Pasig, Other

You have this one life. How do you wanna spend it? Apologizing? Regretting? Questioning? Hating yourself? Dieting? Running after people who don’t see you? Be brave. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. You have this one life. Make yourself proud.

For the uninitiated, young adult romance novels are for those who are suckers for romance (like me!). If you’re into the boy meets girl, boy loses girl and the happily ever after or the tragic endings, chances are you’ve watched chick flicks and teen romance movies. Who can get forget the awesomeness of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green? And if you’re really into it, I’m sure you’ve watched If I Stay by Gayle Forman. What makes YA so popular? If you’re a fan of the cute boy, bad boy or any type of romance involving teenagers and self-discovery then this genre is for you!

Here are my Top 5 YA novels that are guaranteed to make you swoon!

5.) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover 

Hopeless will leave you speechless! This is a story about surviving and finding hope after tragedy has torn your life apart. For seventeen year old Sky, life is completely normal because she can’t even remember her personal tragedy. Enter Dean Holder: the hot bad boy that captivates and pursues Sky, even when she runs away. When they finally get together, Holder’s secrets will tear her apart, uncovering memories that might be better left forgotten.

4.) Slammed by Colleen Hoover 

If you’re into angst and a gut-wrenching, realistic romance novel with poetry that will get your emotions SLAMMED then this book is for you. Layken can’t help but feel hopeless after a tragedy destroys her life, and changes everything that she’s ever known. Enter Will Cooper: the boy next door who might just sweep Layken off her feet. But every time they try to be together, reality tears them apart. What do you do when you’re about to lose everything? Is what this story is all about.

3.) The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

So many stories end with tragedy. But sometimes the tragedy isn’t the end, but the beginning to another story. What exactly is the Sea of Tranquility? It’s a mystery filled with dreams of second chances.  Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov’s past made her dead to the world. She doesn’t talk and it’s going to stay that way. Then there’s Josh Bennett whose encounters with death are no secret: he lost his entire family. Once they meet, there’s no going back. Nastya’s drawn to Josh’s enigma and sticks around until she figures him out. But can Josh do the same for her? How do you put your life back together after it fell apart? Read to find out!

2.) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I love absolutely everything about this book! Don’t let the title fool you because the story involves more than just a French kiss. Anna’s senior year is about to fall into place in Atlanta where she has a cool best friend and a soon to be boyfriend. But her life didn’t go as planned when she got shipped to boarding school in Paris. Luckily, she quickly falls into a group of friends and meets the most amazing guy who gets her—Etienne.   Problem is: he has a girlfriend.  Dive into the most realistic portrayals of teenage life involving confusion, change and love. Will circumstances push her away? Or will destiny pull them together?

1.) Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Beware because Flat-Out Love will make you fall flat-out in love! Julie Seagle moves in with the Watkins family to attend college at Boston. Julie’s used to unhappy families but something’s definitely off about the Watkins family. Both emotionally-detached parents are academic fiends at Ivy League Schools and are practically never home. Celeste, the younger sister, can’t help but carry a cardboard cut-out of her brother everywhere.  Matt is the socially awkward
MIT geek who is also an overprotective brother. And then there’s Finn, the charming and hot older brother and Julie’s pen pal which she just can’t help but fall for.

If you think you know what’s going on with this family be warned: BECAUSE YOU DON’T! This book will wrench your heart out and spiral you into a world of confusion until you don’t know what to feel! But that’s completely okay, because as this book says: “It's not what you know - or when you see - that matters. It's about the journey.”