Heartbreak | Teen Ink

Heartbreak

By babyrissa212 SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida
babyrissa212 SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida

Every night, I lay in my bed thinking about how we didn't work out and it hurts so much.I feel things were my fault and I was never perfect enough for you and that's what hurt me.I just want to know why you had to do what you did.Nobody is perfect and I thought you knew that, but I was wrong.You knew nothing.All you knew was that you liked girls and were a cheater and a liar.I opened up to you and told you things that meant so much to me that I wouldn't have told anybody else.You hurt me and played with my heart, and it is time for me to move on and hurt you.

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

People get backstabbed and betrayed even when they don't  "rush into something". A friend of mine had a boyfriend who she was deeply in love with and they went out for seven years, and he was cheating on her for four.

I guess most girls think that human males are backstabbing womanizers of the slimiest degree because they get betrayed so often when they try to find love.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

When you really have been betrayed by someone you thought you loved, it can hurt enough to kill you. Dramatic, yes, stupid, yes, but nonetheless, quite real. Heartbreak is physical pain. Have YOU ever felt true heartbreak?

i have been in this situation

Alice Verlinden BRONZE, Michigan
As you sit here and complain about how sad and depressed you are because of your stupid boyfriends why don't you take a minute and think about the starving children in Africa? Or the innocent people dying in the rage of war? Think about someone besides yourself for a change.

Aaroka said...
Aaroka, Phillipsburg, New Jersey

The Stranger Walks Within.

There is a whole wide world out there, Are you ready for it?

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.

Ever notice that Soup For One is eight aisles away from Party Mix?

Consider the postage stamp: Its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

So true! i honestly feel like this every night. You spoke from teh bottom of my heart. I wouldn't have ever been able to post something like this, even if it is true. 

Sis94 BRONZE said...
Sis94 BRONZE, Dongola, Illinois

it's my life i choose to do what ever i do in it

ok ppl well a men are not all the same. yea ppl mess up. some more the others but you have to keep your delf safe and all it hurts a lot whan they brake your heart. i have been there myself  but if it does not kill you makes you stronger right 

Terrica101 said...
Terrica101, Gaffney, South Carolina

"You know what?"

girl u took the words right out mi mouth u r so right

Terrica101 said...
Terrica101, Gaffney, South Carolina

"You know what?"

i honestly agree with you i felt and still do feel the exact same way but bc of what that person did to me its hard for me to love and give another good man again

lilred1025 GOLD, Warren, Ohio

♥if you love two people pick the second one. if you truly loved the first you wouldnt have fallen for the second♥

i have felt and thought these exact same things before! O_o

SnowAngel BRONZE, Rogers, Arkansas
i agree it could be a whole lot worse than it is now

Funny said...
Yes i agree that you should get over this guy. he wasnt worth anything if he could just cheat on you like that but if you hurt him as bad as he hurt you then you would sink right down to his level and he isnt worth it.

crazy said...
It could Be worse trust me.

LoverDearest143, Atglen, Pennsylvania
wow im like this everytime a guy brakes up with me and it hurts to think about them and to see them when you try to hold in the tears when you go somewhere but when you get home you just let it all out

xprezzionstar BRONZE, Jeffersonville, Kentucky

All it takes it 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you, something amazing will happen

i do too! seems like my life story!

i love this. im just getting over a break and i cry myself to sleep! i wake up with tears in my eyes because i dream of how haapy we used to be and how much he hurt me! i connect to this poem because i need to move on but i want him back but i want to hurt him as much as he hurt me

i love this, alot of girls can agreee which i love. because i was once in your postion. but trust me life goes on and you will be fine i know i was with my ex for 2 years and i was still close to him and his family for a year. but no i am happy with someone new. once you give someone else a chance and you move on with your life you will be happy. and you will soon see that someone else is out there for you.

Swanangel15 SILVER, Point Fortin, Other

The pen is mightier than the sword

Now that boy was a jerk, as long as you are still hurting, he's still winning.  So you need to move on girl, u deserve better.

silence-is-loud GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE- MUHAMMID ALI

wooww.. this poem is really powerful to me. i feel the same exact way.. but u help me put things into perspective :)

lostlove2473 said...
Your article is truly helpful for me becasue i recently got out of a relationship with a guy who thought that he could play with me and for me not to care but he had another thing comming. I loved him so much and i thought that he loved me to.... we poured our hearts and souls into each other and i thought that he truly had feelings for me and wanted to be with me but clearly not he was a player and liked all the girls who pleased him for that point in time in his life. I have been hurting for a very long time and have been very bitter and angry over this but i know that its time for me to move on with my life and find someone else to love me.

figureitout said...
figureitout, Dorchester, New Jersey

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.So love the people who treat you right, forget the ones that dont.Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it'd be worth it.

i agree with songofsadness but then again im a girl and i understand what you're talking about. i've been through that and its hard. its been about 2 years and im still kinda hurting over him. i think about him sometimes and i wish things could've worked out but they didn't and one thing that it taught me is that i cant trust nobody but myself. so i dont let people in easliy because im afraid of being hurt like i was before. not every guy will do that but some will. but you have to remember, just because that one guy did that doesnt mean the next one will. maybe the next one will, but at least you'll be some-what prepared for the heart ache. it hurts, turst me, i know. but sometimes good things come from that. so dont let that one idiot ruin things for that one special guy that was made for you. yeah, there will be heart break on your way to finding that one special guy, but that's what makes you realize that he is that one special guy. dont give up hope, and dont intentionly hurt somebody.