What if we are the savages? | Teen Ink

What if we are the savages?

By TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas
TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

"I'd rather run away with my imagination than run away alone" - Me :)

I always find it interesting how Hollywood films always try and make extraterrestrials appear to be brutal creatures that are only here to take over our planet. Why do they have to be savages? I think it’s unfair to do this to creatures that we have never actually seen, apart from the Roswell, New Mexico claims, and to make them appear to be ruthless is just wrong. What happens if we are the actual savages? The ones who want to attack these creatures only because we are afraid of what they can do.

Truthfully I think it would be extremely interesting to meet an extraterrestrial, what happens if they could help us advance our technology and possibly make the way we live better? We’re always talking about saving the earth and yet as we protest about it most of us are still doing nothing. What if the extraterrestrials could actually help us discover new ways of saving our planet?

The theory that extraterrestrials are coming to Earth just to take over our planet seems really far fetched also. You’re telling me that the only planet in the entire solar system that can sustain life is Earth? If that’s true then where have the extraterrestrials been living? On a planet similar, ok fine, did their planet die? If so, then what will they do after Earth dies under their rule? Find another, well if that’s possible then they don’t need earth. It’s all really far fetched.

Don’t get me wrong I always enjoy a nice “Alien Thriller” movie but sometimes I think we make things to far fetched and I hate that some people believe that the aliens will actually be a threat to us which means if they actually did show up here then people would be thrown into a state of panic due to the fact that the only thing they can connect with aliens coming to earth is the fact that they want to take over our planet and destroy us all.

So I ask again, what if we are the savages?

Zil2000000 said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 11:02 am
I believe that this Article is not a stupid topic and anything and everything should be written about.

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 4:45 am
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana

today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

i agree with numbernine and v.t. summers aliens probably exsiste somewhere but this is kind of stupid topic and there have been movies where humans were considered savage E.T. for one.

V.T.Summers BRONZE, Longview, Washington

Things rarely turn out as expected.

I agree with ElizabethW.  We haven't exactly checked every inch of the universe.

If you calculate the number of solar systems in this galaxy and multiply that by the total number of galaxies, the estimated probability of us being the only sentinent life forms in the universe is highly unlikely.

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

That's good :)

numbernine said...
Wow...you make me laugh.

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

Honestly you have no proof that there aren't aliens. Isn't it arrogant of us as humans to think we are the only life form in the entire universe? I mean come on, the universe is HUGE! You mean to tell me that we are the only living things in it? Psh, get off your high horse and look at the grand scale and not just at our little planet.

numbernine said...
Honestly the whole point of this article is pointless. Aliens aren't real so why waste your time defending them? And if you're looking for some non-savage aliens, read the Larklight series by Philip Reeve.

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

NP if people take the time to comment on my work then I try and reply, seems only right, doesn't it? I'll try and get around to seeing the whole thing, I do believe I'd enjoy watching it :D.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Its not so much that they were savages. Its that they did not care for anyone but themselves. Thanks for replying. You should watch the whole movie its worth it.=)

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

First off thanks :). I've seen a bit of Avatar, I watched it for a little bit but then became busy with other things. But I agree from what I remember there was a savage quality to the humans.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

By Gandhi.

Have you ever watched Avatar? It is a moie where WE are the savages. And Ithink you are absolutley correct. What if we are the savages? Good job for pointing out such a question. Keep it up

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

First: Thansk for reading my article!

Second: Thanks for your comment. I agree 100% with you, hopefully the next inhabitants aren't like us at all.....smarter hopefully.

Poetic_blue SILVER, Palm Bay., Florida

"Be who you are because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter"

If we were to find out that we were the savages and the aliens were peaceful, I would sit at home, shake my head and say "no kidding" Think about all the war on this planet. All the murder and terrorism and all the horrible things that humans do to eachother. It would be no suprise to me. I just hope that after the planet cleanses itself, the next inhabitants aren't as stupid.

TheWaitress SILVER, Denton, Texas

That's an interesting view, thanks for your imput!

In my view of the world it is human nature to be a savage.

golfer2 said...
very nice article traveler. way to keep people thinking. i bet we would be the savages, no doubt about it. great job, keep up the good work