True Beauty is Slowly Fleeting | Teen Ink

True Beauty is Slowly Fleeting

By Ellie_Clark BRONZE, St. Augustine, Florida
Ellie_Clark BRONZE, St. Augustine, Florida

True beauty is slowly fleeting in our magnificent world. Imagine the most beautiful sunset, Earth didn’t spend hours editing the sunset’s appearance to create prettier, vibrant colors. Sunsets’ natural beauty captivates each and every human’s mind. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, beauty is defined as the qualities in a person or a thing that give pleasure to the senses or the mind. Contrary to popular belief, breathtakingly skinny, professional makeup, perfect hair, flawless skin, or defined jawlines appear in beauty’s definition.

True beauty is composed of various redeeming qualities, not shallow ones such as the features listed above. Genuine, spirited, smiles are the crown jewel of any stunning woman. Glowing personalities could potentially be the most important aspect of a beautiful woman. Whether these personalities include courageous, enthusiastic, generous, humble or the hundreds of others, they are more precious than any toned body could ever be. Honesty and trustworthiness however cannot be replaced with any other personality trait. A woman with high integrity and the ability to keep a secret should be cherished.

True beauty has been distorted in result of the images the media makes it out to be. Although media has played a role in creating a new image of beauty, to blame the media is to also blame the human population. These magazines wouldn’t exist without people purchasing them and furthermore fussing over their new trends and looks. There is no need for girls to spend money at the spa for a tan that will look one hundred percent fake or grow their hair down their backs for the sole purpose of imitating the models portrayed on advertisements.

True beauty should be dependent on what each woman contributes to others around her. A woman with vivid dreams and everlasting hopes will live a fulfilling life, helping to inspire others throughout her journey. A woman who believes in something greater than herself serves as evidence that she recognizes her flaws and accepts guidance in either fixing or embracing them. A woman demonstrating powerful confidence is a force to be reckoned with. No man’s rude words can devastate her; neither can his numerous compliments fill her up.

True beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder. Do not live a life full of constant comparisons to society’s definition of beauty, stick to the validated one tucked inside the pages of a dictionary. Create a new version of beautiful and lead by example. Cherish your personality, express your talents, accomplish your dreams, and relinquish your doubts.