Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Child Abuse

By Alexis Walls BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana, Indiana
Alexis Walls BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana, Indiana

The child huddled in the corner, trying hard not to breathe, “God help me, don’t let him find me!” Children of the age 16 and under should not be sexually or physically abuse. 3.3 million Reports of children being either neglected or abused were taken to Child protective services across the United States. About 899,000 children or kids were victims of neglect or psychical abuse. In 2005, 1,460 kids died because of psychical and neglect abuse. Children that have been psychically or neglected are more likely being involved in a criminal activity. Their parents abuse children because their parent either drinks a lot then abuse them or they take some kind of drug then abuse them.

To begin with, approximately four kids each day are killed from child abuse or( about 70% of kids), This should not happen. When these children grow up, they are 30% more likely to abuse their own children. This is a vicious cycle. Parents or guardians who abuse their children are often under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Children of parents with substance abuse problems are three times more likely to be abused. This is a grim fact and needs to be stopped.
However, death is not the only outcome. Other options are jail, psychological disorder, or teen pregnancy, just to name a few. Men (14%) and women (36%) that are in prison today because they were abused as kids. Adults that were abused as a child are more likely to have a mental disorder. Girls are 25% more likely to have a teen pregnancy.
For the counterargument of child, abuse there is none. However, quitting alcohol and drugs can prevent it. The community can prevent encouraged positive parenting, a positive child and child development classes. The community needs to stand up for the children by creating activities, programs, etc.
In conclusion, children of the age 16 and under should not be sexually or physically abused. In my opinion child abuse needs to stop and if you see it then you need to immediately report as soon as possible. There is no reason child abuse should occur.

I think child abuse is wrong for kids under the age of four or older should not be abused or negelceted.