Who He Says I Am | Teen Ink

Who He Says I Am

By Autumn124 GOLD, Mckinney, Texas
Autumn124 GOLD, Mckinney, Texas

Who the world sees me as does NOT have to define me. When I look in the mirror, the world tells me to see myself as less than them, not worth it, because of the person I see reflected back at me. I sometimes feel the same way, but it doesn’t have to be that way. When I look at myself, how do I describe myself? Sometimes I use the same words they do, the words that scar me. ‘’Broken, messed-up. Less than.’’ sometimes I truly believe it, and I just want to melt into the floor and stop living. Sometimes when I look at myself, I smile and thank God for myself. Sometimes I hear him whisper in my ear, ‘’you are my beloved child.’’ sometimes I hear him say that, and I deny the truth and believe the world instead.

Sometimes I believe what the world tells me, when it says, ‘’You can’t have your dream, it’s too big for a person like you.’’ sometimes I almost give up, vowing to do something I ‘’can’’ do. But God reminds me all the time, ‘’You need me.’’ without him I am nothing. My dreams scare me, they honestly do. But I know with God, I can do all that he wants me to do.

Sometimes the world teases me for who I am. They don’t understand, I know they don’t. They don’t see the real me, the person struggling with the social anxiety- all they see is a quiet, shy girl who just needs to talk more. That’s not who I am, and I know it. I believe the world a lot more than i’d like, but i’m working on it.

The world sees my scars and pronounces, ‘’broken’’

God sees my scars and pronounces me, ‘’beautiful.’’

See the difference?

starfeather PLATINUM, Olathe, Kansas

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA- to the stars, through difficulties.

You go, girl. Don't let the world bring you down- keep your eyes on God. :)