Who He Says I Am | Teen Ink

Who He Says I Am

February 7, 2019
By Autumn124 GOLD, Mckinney, Texas
Autumn124 GOLD, Mckinney, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Who the world sees me as does NOT have to define me. When I look in the mirror, the world tells me to see myself as less than them, not worth it, because of the person I see reflected back at me. I sometimes feel the same way, but it doesn’t have to be that way. When I look at myself, how do I describe myself? Sometimes I use the same words they do, the words that scar me. ‘’Broken, messed-up. Less than.’’ sometimes I truly believe it, and I just want to melt into the floor and stop living. Sometimes when I look at myself, I smile and thank God for myself. Sometimes I hear him whisper in my ear, ‘’you are my beloved child.’’ sometimes I hear him say that, and I deny the truth and believe the world instead.


Sometimes I believe what the world tells me, when it says, ‘’You can’t have your dream, it’s too big for a person like you.’’ sometimes I almost give up, vowing to do something I ‘’can’’ do. But God reminds me all the time, ‘’You need me.’’ without him I am nothing. My dreams scare me, they honestly do. But I know with God, I can do all that he wants me to do.


Sometimes the world teases me for who I am. They don’t understand, I know they don’t. They don’t see the real me, the person struggling with the social anxiety- all they see is a quiet, shy girl who just needs to talk more. That’s not who I am, and I know it. I believe the world a lot more than i’d like, but i’m working on it.


The world sees my scars and pronounces, ‘’broken’’

God sees my scars and pronounces me, ‘’beautiful.’’


See the difference?