You've Been Deceived | Teen Ink

You've Been Deceived

By ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.
“Well, I know the truth, and it isn’t my place to judge, but it hurts so bad!”
I sit and hold my head, and let silent, gentle tears run down my cheeks. Oh how my heart goes out to these people!
Can they not see any good mirrored in the life of God’s people?
Don’t they realize that Jesus shed blood to wash their slate clean?
He took stripe after stripe for their sake?
And they take it for granted.
They’ve been deceived.

This was not intended to belittle the beliefs of those who read it. I am not here to judge, but it was intended to show that someone out there cares for those of little or no faith. I have prayed and will continue to do so.

God Bless.

I'm not trying to argue anything. By all means, believe what you will, and so will I. I believe in God, whole-heartedly. I don't agree with your opinion, and you don't agree with mine.... Enough said.

Persona BRONZE said...
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
Do you understand what the word former even means? It is sad that your words portray you do not.

MaeFlower said...
MaeFlower, Aurora, Colorado
Something had to be done about our sins.  He knew that we would sin, but he could not simply "forgive" us and call it a day.  Someone had to take the blame.  And the punishment.  That's what he did.

tennisplayergirl GOLD, Arrington, Virginia

"He who will not risk cannot win." John Paul Jones

I understand what you are saying, but just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you don't care about others. You don't need god to make you a good person. Atheists aren't evil, you know :)

fgsfdfd said...
you cant be a former christian you either believe or you dont  believe.

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

Justice, in my opinion, is more important than love. Justice is what maintains society's equilibrium.

Not to belittle love, of course, but didn't God figure out Himself that He was going to die for us so why die because He was going to forgive us anyway?

Wouldn't He have known?

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

Just because the latter sounds better doesn't make it right.

(Mind you, I'm a theist, but that doesn't sound like a convincing argument.)

MaeFlower said...
MaeFlower, Aurora, Colorado

Maybe we are.  Maybe God doesn't exist.  But compare this: 

Either A)  God doesn't exist, and we live for nothing, except ourselves.  So why not have as much fun as we can in this life, do everything for us and not others, because when we die we have no place to go.

or B) God does exist, and we live for him and others, because we go to heaven, the most wonderful place anyone can imagine x10 :) Just saying

MaeFlower said...
MaeFlower, Aurora, Colorado
That's the whole  point, it's not justice, it's Love.  Eternal love that only God can give you. He gave himself up for us, even though it wasn't fair

Jmaster BRONZE said...
Jmaster BRONZE, Greeley, Colorado

"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill

I do agree, is unfair. If God were fair, we would be dead right now.

Did you ever think that maybe you were being deceived about believing in God?

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

Well, I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's awfully unfair that someone else died for OUR sins to be forgiven. It's unjust.

hermes said...
Don't give up on your faith! I know atheism has become the new religion but that doesn't mean its right for everyone.

I don't know what the argument of creationism vs evolution is suppose to prove? To me it proves that life is about growth, just like story, song, or idea plants a seed in your heart. It later matures and evolves. It becomes part of you, and that part is so much greater than the seed.

I accept creationists, but I believe in evolution. Because everything in life must compete to survive and grow and hopefully become something wonderful. Belief sometimes falters, and when it does you must nurture it by preserving your faith through the toughest of times.

It is our job to grow when doubt arises, because doubt forces you to gain a deeper understanding. A lot of people it seems give up and go with what science knows, but science doesn't know everything!

my 2 cents

bound4life4ever PLATINUM, Jamaica, New York

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

i agree w. scarlettsanders on thid one eric. srry buddy...his teaching were very imporant. but we do need 2 focuse on the fact that HE DIDES FOR YOU.FOR ME. FOR EVERYONE!!! so we do need 2 focue o n his teachings because theyw ill explain so much ..but we need 2 relized he dided for us also. SCARLETTSANDERS! PLEASE READ SOME OF MY WORK! MY HEART BREAKS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DCIVED MY SATAN TOO!

When I go to comment, it says to keep the comment positive and constructive, anything else will be removed. But most of the comments I have gotten are very annoying and extremely whiny. Go cry your comments on some other poem. And quit making everything so personal as if I've spat in your face.

Persona BRONZE said...
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
Every day, I get out of bed and turn to my left-hand side. There, my sliding-glass closet shows me the reflection of a former Christian. It shows me all of the oh-so-wishful thinking I had, the massive lack of empathy, and the suffering and uncomfortably I and others like me caused in ignorance. I still cry sometimes, wishing the truth wasn't so, that this person could not possibly have been me. As far as I am concerned, you are the deceived one.

Well, I apologize for any offense caused. No offense was intended. You have your beliefs and I respect that, but I also have mine, and all I can ask of you is to respect them as well.

CaseyLeigh PLATINUM, Moraga, California

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

Honestly, as an atheist I'm deeply offended at being compared to witches and warlocks. I'm an average person who lives my life well without the influence of a god, and I do not see how this makes me gullible, that I don't believe it's possible for some guy to walk on water or heal merely with his hands. I think you, my dear, are the decieved one.

I do agree, and I am not attempting to prove you wrong, but The Passion of the Christ is a portrayal of how Jesus was slain as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. His teachings are just as important.

EricBlair BRONZE, London, Other

"I understand HOW, I do not understand WHY" -George Orwell, 1984

The Passion teaches nothing. People should learn about what Christ taught, not how he died.
And for the record I believe different religion are different but equal roads to the same destination.