If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

GabrielK BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"There is no fear in love; instead perfect love casts out all fear because fear invloves punishment." 1John 4:18

Our God is a God of love and mercy.  He cares deeply for each and every one of us regardless of our faith.  Even though He is a God love (1John 4:8), He is also a just God that has promised eternal life to his followers (Ephesians 2:4) and punishment for those who do not accept Him.  James 2:12-13 says "Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom.  For judgement is without mercy to the one who hasn't shown mercy, but mercy triumphs over judgement."  God loves you and wants you to go to heaven and spend eternity with Him, but He can't do that unless you open up your heart to Him.

JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas

You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

you basically just need to have faith. I'm a christian and sometimes I wonder where is God becasue I go through so much but I know he is only making me go through this to make me stronger. You just need to have faith and also there is no reliable source that the bible isn't true nobody can know and I'm sure no one will know. Maybe you should talk to someone about this I'm sure someone will explain it to you.

PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

I learned something interesting from my youth minister, I am catholic, about heaven vs. hell. God loves All His children and would never want them to suffer, and he shows this by creating hell. Now I know you think I am crazy hell is bad right? It is definatly bad but what is worse is knowing that you gave up perfect love, God's love, by sinning and not believing. Still with me? Now why would you give up his love since he is so forgiving and doesn't fault you for it? It's actually quite simple. Have you ever had, or thought about, having someone like you in which you don't return the feelings. Well that person is giving you nice gifts and is being the sweetest person ever to you because he/she likes you, but you are feeling uncomfortable right because you don't like them. Now God loves you so much that he is that sweet person who is doing everything for you, but if you don't believe in him or are sinning knowingly and are not sorry you are the person who is not returning the feelings. Now after death God is giving you the full extent of his love and you feel uncomfortable so you say no. Now think about the consequences of that you gave up something you were supposed to have, that was designed for you to feel forever happy and you said no thank you. You would be the most miserable person ever. So now you have hell which gives you an escape. It's painful and horrible, satan is insulting you, you are being burned alive, but at least your mind is off giving up the most wonderful thing you could ever have. It would be much worse if all you could think about was that, so even though hell is horrible it is an act of God's mercy. I understand if you don''t agree with me, but from my point of view it makes sense.

if god created us equally and he intended us all to have the same rights, then there is no need for religion, or heaven abd hell at all. and if so, we would just have to believe in a god, not a religion. and im not even christian or catholic...

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

I belive in something called a "baptisim of desire." someone who has no knowlage of Christ but desires to live a life of  goodness according to the natural laws written in our hearts, and holds to this desire till their death can be saved because they, inadvertantly, desired Christ. Which is the only thing God asks of people who, through no fault of their own, don't know any better.

The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Jolly good, jolly good.

An athiest who never wondered if there was a God, who attempted to find out wether on not there was one when he did wonder, and lived life according to the natrual laws that everyone knows because they are common sense will go to heaven because it would not have been possible for someone of there cercomstances to do anything better. Someone who, out of a misguided but sinsire beleif, defies the natural laws would not be held accountalbe provided he had no way of knowing that what he was doing was wrong. But he would be held accountable if it was just an excuse or if he never genuinly attempted to find out if he was right. God is just, he knows that everyone has diferent lives and abilities. An athiest who gets to heaven because of doing the things i said may very possibly be better off than a cradle christian's place in heaven if the cradle christain was not strong in what they knew to be true.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Actually Monopoly was a metaphor for agnosticism/atheism, while it was Scrabble that was for Christianity. However you seem to have switched them around. Also, of course Scrabble-players are going to tell you that you have to play Scrabble, because they want as many people as they can get to play their game. But there are other games in the toybox, there have been since the dawn of time. To only think that Scrabble is the sole viable option is incredibly close-minded, and besides, we're forgetting one very important fact. No one here knows first-hand what lies beyond Death's Gate. We can guess, and we can have faith in what other people tell us, but if we do just that, then anything that we come up with could be horribly flawed. Personally, I don't think its anything more than wishful thinking to believe in a life after death, so I do my best to lead a moral, intelligent, wonderful life in this world, because it's the only one we get. And also, by your logic, wouldn't some one who murders and maims in the name of Jesus Christ go to Heaven, while a fine, intelligent, kind, upstanding, yet atheist memeber of society goes to Hell? Because if that's true, then your God is no god at all, but a devil.

bemark12 BRONZE, Lawrence, Kansas

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." - Bill Watterson

But the rules of Monopoly apply to Monopoly, even if one is thoroughly convinced they're playing Scrabble.

She-who-loves-love SILVER, Tecumseh, Oklahoma

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
-Sherlock Holmes

If you don't believe in God, it means you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. And besides, humans see what they want to see. A Christian sees heaven when they die, a Greek saw the Underworld. Does it really matter?

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

The rules for Scrabble don't apply to those who play Monopoly.

bemark12 BRONZE, Lawrence, Kansas

Well, I think you have to back up your own point, personally. You can criticize the Christian basis for Hell, but then you have to provide your own basis for a universal Heaven. How do you know that we are all God's children in his eyes? Where is your evidence for that point?

Personally, I would encourage you to explore the Bible's authenticity. I believe there is good evidence to believe that the Bible is faithful to the events it claims to record. You might disagree with me after examining the evidence, but this shouldn't be a decision you make based off of an idea you don't like. The question is if what Jesus and the Bible say are true, not whether they're likeable ideas. I don't like the idea that it's cold today, but that has zero impact on whether it actually is cold.

I encourage you not to stop here. Pursue this idea. See what people have to say about the Bible, about Hell, about God in general. After all that, see if Hell makes sense, but it shouldn't be the starting and stopping point of your beliefs.

shinjite said...
I honestly don't think that God values women any less than men, but men do seem to play a bit of a larger role. Jesus was God's son not daughter but they aren't valued any less.

shinjite said...
Yes! Jesus is all about mercy! And if you ask Him for mercy, even if you have thousands and thousands of sins I promise He will forgive you! No matter what, Jesus wants to give you mercy so much! His Heart BURNS with mercy! I really doubt that Jesus would turn away anyone, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, whatever, away. He is all mercy and He wants to give others mercy. I think that it is when you separate yourself from all that is God or all that is moral that you go to Hell. But up to your dying moment, the very depths of the Lord's mercy is open to you. Do not ever doubt His Mercy, because He is mercy itself. God is a perfect entity, so why wouldn't He be very very merciful?!

I know what the bible says is true because the word of God is living. There are many proofs to my faith. For example, the supernatural love that I feel from God. Love like that isn't just a dream. It's not of the imagination. We are God's children, but Hell is eternal separation from God. If we chose to be separated from God on earth, than so shall we be forever. My personal belief is that if you are Jewish or some other nonchristian faith that believes in God, then He doesn't love you any less. But we must believe in His Son, redeemer of the world, as well. The Lord truly did save you!

Even if you aren't a Christian, if you have faith that God will save you and forgive you, then I don't think He will turn you away. For me, a belief that God is the creator and Jesus is His Son is as real as the history books so I might be a little biased on this. Just remember that no matter what God loves you!

dolphin13 BRONZE, North St. Paul, Minnesota
Yeah, the Bible is a collection of a variety of eyewitnesses of Jesus's life on earth and men who were instructed by God. The Bible isn't just one person writing a story, it is a variety of people who were inspired by the Holy Spirit on what to write about the truth of God. Some were inspired by visions and others through eyewitness testimonies and even more by various other ways.

Our standards are different than God's standards. People we think that are "good" people don't reach up to God's standard of perfection. That is why people need to believe in Jesus' death on the cross as the payment for our sins.

I agree with you 100%! :) Jesus is the best!

but by asking for forgiveness than you are acknowledging that there is a God who can take away your sins.

oh and God sent us a savior so that way we still can be with him in heaven, all we have to do is believe. Really, what do we have to lose?