If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

fredo BRONZE said...
fredo BRONZE, Moses Lake, Washington

I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.

People mix up the religion aspect of being a christian with the personal relationship part. There are many religious people in this world. many "christians" but they dont have a personal relationship with God. The moment you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and do all you can to live for him, you will go to heaven. But you must have that relationship with him. Yes he made us all, and loves us all. But if we dont follow his commands and live for him then we will not go to heaven.

I'm seeing a lot of controversial posts here, including the article. This is the way I think it is: People have many different beliefs. Nobody knows the way post-death works, soulwise, which includes debating the existance of the soul. And since nobody has any evidence, nobody's religious (or non-religious) belief is any better or worse then another's, any righter or wronger, any more superior or inferior. We're all at the same place, trying to figure out the same thing. Unless something truly unexpected occurs, we'll never find out in this state of being. So there's no use attacking different beliefs. All it does is divide us and make us unhappy. It would be nice if as a community, society, species, whatever you want to call it, we could just toss out our best guesses, believe whatever hits home, and not be any the worse for it.       

Trees BRONZE said...
Trees BRONZE, Billings, Montana

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. How is that?

Evolution is actually has a lot of proof to back up.  Like that humans share about 97 percent of DNA with orangutans.  It wasn't boom a monkey just turned into a human, it was cell by cell.  Which probably took hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions.  How do you know if Evolution is real? How do you know if the bible is real?  You don't.  In somebody's eyes we are all going to hell.  

what bible are you reading that people keep re-writing according to you..  the bible intended for us to read is out there.  it is still the same as the day it was written.  do more homework before you make such claims.  yes, there are so called bibles out there that people have changed.. the KJV is the one to read.. it has not changed.  anyone can write a book and call it a bible.. but God's word has stood the test of time.. HIS word has not changed.  he said you will be decieved by many.  yet he has people trying to help you and tell you the correct info... which makes the most sense more then any other information out there.  there is no way to explain all of God's word in just one post.. do the research .. dont give up.. do not fall into this world.  those who seek him dliggently (continulally) will be rewarded by him.  dont you think that is worth it.

Did you read the bible.. God did make all creatures good.. The devil was an archangel.. the highest of them all.  He chose to disobey God.. he wanted to be God.  he thought he could get rid of him.  read more about that so you can understand it more.. dont go to the bible if it is to hard to understand.. there are plenty of info on the net that helps better understand it.  and yes, God did know everything was going to happen.. he also had a plan.. just cause he created us, does not mean he made us do the things we do.  he still created us knowing the things we were going to do. because he loves us so much and wants to have fellowship with him.  he did not want to force it upon us.. he gave us free will .. but what people dont understand is that he told us ALL what we need to do to be a part of his kingdom.  so how is that a bad thing.  if a parent is willingly going to raise their child a certain way, then that is the parents responsibility.. not God's.  that is free will.  you have the guidelines,  yet so many people choose to believe they are false.  yet, i am sure you believe that killing, lying, stealing, raping, porn, malesting, judging, gossiping, cheating, and so on, are all sins am i right.  i mean, what else can we call it.  he tells us not to do any of them, yet we still do it and complain we are not happy... i want more of this, i need more of that.. and that does not make you happy.. why is that.  because when you do not have God in your life.. this is how you will feel.. he sends you clues all the time.  and he knows we are having this conversation right now.. so, its up to you if you want to believe what the world says.. or trust and believe what God's word says.  i pray you do.

You see, people just dont get that GOD IS NOT A RELIGION!! MAN MADE RELIGION.. NOT GOD.  why do you think there are so many different religions.. God said there will be many that will be decived.  many that will follow other gods.. he has always stuck to his word.. he and his word has NEVER changed.  man changes everything to their liking.  Gods word was not focused on dinosaurs.. it was not for anyone but us.. can you imagine if he put all of his reasonings in the bible.. it will take an eternity to read it.. he uses the bible for us so we have the guidlines to live.  it has stood the test of time.. no one can defeat it.  do you even know how the bible was written.. how God chose certain people over a 1600 year period of time that had 40 different writers from all different times and areas of the world. and each and everyone of them had the same info about Gods word.  come one people..do your reasearch before you say you know.. you have no idea if you dont keep searcing him.

I hope you do more research before you live your life thinking this way.  Does not sound like you have read God's word or understand it all.  I thought the same as you.. you are being reached out to right now.. being told he does exist and the bible is HIS word.  do the reasearch.. do not assume.  it is very important you do not ignore the people who are trying to help you.  they were sent into your life for a reason.

blue, that was not a real good way to explain it.. sorry,  i have to agree.  But, people have to understand.. you are being preached all the time about God's word.. and yet still choose to not believe some of it. only the heaven part.  i believe God is working every second to get people not to go to hell. there are people that are going for sure.  the devil and his angles are some of them.  you can not deny that there is evil all around us.. so all the people who party, have sex, spread std's, gossip, rape, kill, murder... you name it.. all those people are just going to go to heaven without asking for forgiveness  or excepting God.  No, they are not.  they have been warned over and over and over again.. yet, still.  refuse to believe God's word.  God came down to Earth in human form (Jesus) and still people refused him after all the miricales he did.  You choose your own destiny.. why not choose the right one.  i just dont get it.. how many times does someone have to explain it, or prove it.  pay attention.. it is happening today.  Get to know all the facts before you make a decission.  your soul is worth it.

Hi .. i just wanted to say there have been many people who have died and come back.  there is mostly two sides to what happened to them.. Some said they went to this beautiful place.. and some said they went to a horrible place.  not many has ever said anything but the two.  You can look it up for your selves.. Look up people who have died and come back.. there are people who haved died for almost two hours and have come back completely different people because of what they had experienced.  So to say there is no hell is still not proven.  why not believe God at his word.. you can be angry at him all you want.. but is it worth it.  You see, most people that dont believe in God are being preached to almost every day.. yet, they choose to make there choice.. you believe in free will right?  well, who gave you that.. and why believe in only the good things God has said.  there is pure evil in this world.  The devil owns this world.. if you read the bible its says it right there.. God is trying to get people back to him by using others on this planet.  I used to get angry and still question about hell.. but Jesus said there will be weeping and knashing of teeth for those who reject him.  it is your choice.. he already gave us all that.  you may not like it.. but who is to say it is not true.   On Judgement day.. that will be the day he will decide.. no one will have a say in where they will go.  he is still sending us many clues that he is real and that he is coming, yet people still want to hate him.  i sugguest you read more and ask him more about it.  I used to think the same way as you.. if im a good person, i will go to heaven.  yet, i truley was not a good person.. yes, i was nice and did some nice things.. but most of us who are not obeying God are sinning all the time.  So please, you say you cant always believe what you read, yet, you are believing what others are telling you.  do you believe there is a devil.. can you not feel evil around you everywhere.. where do you think all the evil people will go.  if you follow the devils ways, then you are folling him and not God. so, you can sit and wait till its your turn to die, or get all the facts so you can save your very own soul.. i pray you do. 

Cat-Girl PLATINUM, Nyania, Planet Nyan, Oklahoma

"That's what's wrong with the people in this world; they believe they can do well by just getting by when they need to aim for the highest."
-Keith Anderson
"You can never hope to build a better world without improving the individuals."
-Marie Curie

Ally_Yang, the Bible has been proved to hold truth in it. If you doubt it because it was written by people you don't know, I can assure you the authors were students, teachers, and priests. Also, God does create us equally. But when we purposely do wrong, it tarnishes our equality which is why we can't get to heaven on our own. That's why Jesus came into the world and sacrificed His life and spirit for us. True, He was raised back, but now we can simply ask for forigveness from God and He will allow our sins to be forgotten by Him. Then, when we die, we can enter heaven. However, if you don't ask for forgiveness or get baptized, then you won't be able to go because God will not have been able to forgive you. Try reading the book of John in the Bible. Just try it, and see if it helps your understanding. If you don't have a Bible, then go to www.biblegateway.com I hope it helps! :)

drewnowater PLATINUM, Danville, Kentucky
I could go on and tell you what I believe and tell you what I think happens after death. But the truth is, no one knows. No living person could tell you with 100% proof and accuracy what happens after people die. This is the reason religion exists. It is faith that we put our trust. We believe in things that are not proven facts so that we can put meaning behind our lives and define our purpose. I believe that all people are children of God. God loves everyone, whether or not they love Him back. I know that it only breaks His heart when his children don't accept and love Him, but nonetheless, some don't follow Him. I also believe that, while all are equal, heaven was created by God as an eternal home for His followers. You are completely right when you say you shouldn't always trust what you read. You have to accept everything presented to you, and make your own opinions on what you believe. If you believe "they" are hiding the truth from you, find it. Find the truth that you accept. But know that God's truth is the only Truth that will completely answer your questions.

reason said...
You really need to learn how your Bible was written. It wasnt all written at the same time and it has changed over time....I mean how do you explain the differing versions?

Craig said...
Your right about it coming down to who is right and who is wrong. The entire world of logic is a complicated system of circular reasoning. That is why faith is the key to religion and non-religion alike.

Kittengoo GOLD said...
Kittengoo GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let life wonder how you did it.

I was simply stating what the Christian religion says. That was quite a sarcastic reply there. I understand that you have very strong views on this, but that was quite a derogatory and intense criticism on a comment that had neutral views.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

1. Makes the first human prototypes. Any weakness they have are introduced at this point. Also, be completely aware of whether they will fail or succeed at this point, as you are omniscient. 2. Put a tree in the middle of paradise and then let an evil snake in. 3. Have the desire for your prototypes to serve your will or die, yet give them free will. 4. Let the snake trick them when they have the intelligence of a 4 year old. 5. Let the tree give them knowledge but only the knowledge that they are naked (how valuable and dangerous!). 6. Cast them out of the Garden because they failed to listen, even though you gave them free will and let them be tricked by a seductive evil snake. Operaton prototype 1= failed. 7. Make birthing painful for the woman because she gave Adam the apple first, even though they both ate the apple.  Tolkien's creation story in the Silmarillion has a way better plot..

Kittengoo GOLD said...
Kittengoo GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa

If you haven't found that in the Bible, it isn't true. ^^; The Bible is the only source of truth, and while the Bible has been translated to a lot of different languages, its content hasn't changed from the first day it was written. That, actually, was SCIENTIFICALLY proved. Google the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were these scrolls found in pots by the Dead Sea, one of the near-original copies of the Biblical book of Isaiah and a lot of other Old Testament books. The copies were translated from Hebrew and were found to be identical to our Bible today. Two thousand years later, the Bible still stands the same.

Kittengoo GOLD said...
Kittengoo GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa

God put the tree of life there because he didn't want to force us humans into serving him. He wanted us to WANT to serve him. He gave us the choice to either obey him or disobey him; it's called free will. We chose not to. This is from the standpoint of the Christian religion. Take it as truth or not, but that is what it states.

LILMISSCANARY BRONZE, Frisco, Texas

I am the author of my own life, but unfortunately I am writing in pen and cannot erase my mistakes; however, I do get to choose which color to write in.

If you don't believe in the Bible, how do you know who your god is? The Bible is true, and God gives you the option to accept the gift he is offering to you by not forcing you to be with Him in Heaven. 

AriShine GOLD said...
AriShine GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln

In all honesty, that's not a very fair rebuttal. People do die; it happens every day. The matter of going to h.ell or not is different because we have no way of knowing for sure until we die. At this point, we are getting into who is right and who is wrong, and we could go on all day arguing and never come to a conclusion. The fact is, if I am right, and h.ell does not exist, I will not go there. If YOU are right, and it DOES exist, I may or may not go there, depending on your interpretation of the bible. To clarify on my previous comment: if I am right in believing that there is no h.ell, neither I nor anyone else will go to h.ell.

Craig said...
That doesn't even makes sense. I don't beleive in death, so why should I die? :?  It just doesn't work that way ari...