Goodbye mascara and pump heels. Hello eternal beauty. | Teen Ink

Goodbye mascara and pump heels. Hello eternal beauty.

By simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California
simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California

\'let the life that you live dictate who you are, not Facebook.\'

1 Peter 3: 3-4
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

This world is obsessed with hair, weight, dress size, makeup, and fashion. The media always puts a heavy emphasis on our outward appearances. It tells you that if you don’t fit into a size 4, you need to start a diet program. The media tells models that they need to starve themselves to become brittle, walking twigs. Being a skeleton is beautiful. It is IN. Walking trees are indeed, très chic.

Women have always wondered what beauty really. Is one born with it? Is it created by a colorful palette of powders and rainbow array of lipgloss tubes?
God has SUCH a different perspective on beauty. We ought to ask ourselves: what is lovely to God?

The Lord whispers to us that we are His princesses. We are valued not for our sassy dresses, cleavage, glittering earrings, salon-fresh locks, painted faces, or dress size. God looks deep into our spirits. He is adores our eternal beauty – one that outruns the expiration date of physical beauty.
God is attracted by our godly hearts. We are made gorgeous by our gentle and quiet spirits. This state of heart is not just special – but extremely precious in God’s eyes.

One day, if you are stranded on an island, without any makeup with you, remember that you are still beautiful. You have something inside of you that can never be replaced or worn away: spiritual beauty. Your heart should radiate beauty that is greater than the mascara-covered lashes or painted face. Shine because Jesus loves you.

YOU are beautiful because your heart is pleasing to Him.
Smile. Let the wind blow in your air-dried hair. You are fine, girl!

As an 18 year old, I am about to step into the real world - one that is obsessed with outside appearance. I believe in eternal beauty that permeates through my skin. People will see your spiritual beauty because it truly radiates. It's important to know that you are beautiful inside and out.

^ I agree! I love how you said that we have a wind of our own - God's power. He is the light within us. We are to shine for Him.

DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas

\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

Gosh, I love it! I agree! Girls are too caught up in how they look these days. And who am I to talk though? I find myself primping my hair every chance I get. But, true beauty shines from within and the only way to achieve it is by being a child of Jesus. So, when you step out into the world for the first time as an adult on your own, I can truly say you will blow them away with a storm. Keep thinking like that and let your light shine. It will take you far. HE will take you far!(: