Don't Talk About God | Teen Ink

Don't Talk About God

By Leigh116 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina
Leigh116 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina

"We're all mad here." -Alice in Wonderland

This one is for all the religious people because I really think you need to hear this. Yes, I view myself as a non-believer; but before you start trying to convince me that religion is real and that I should believe because there is a God, I want you to listen. Hear me out. And I will go ahead and warn you that this will probably be offensive and although I don’t mean to offend you, I want you to understand that my goal here today is not  to convince you that there is no God or even to shove my own religious beliefs onto you. I stand ere today to ask a simple question that really no one has an answer to. If there is a God, then why does he make the people who worship him suffer so much? And before you try to explain to me that God works in mysterious ways or that he always has a plan, I want you to hear me out. Why punish the people he created? I mean if you truly believe he created us, then why would he punish us for what he has us do? Can you answer that? I’d like to see you try, because no amount of “He has a plan” and “You have to be punished for your sins” is going to validate the things that God is responsible for. You can overlook everything wrong with this world but when it comes down to it, if you honestly believe in God, then even you should be able to see the flaws in your argument. You praise him. You worship him. And what do you get out of it? Murder, Rape, Miscarriages, Pain, Pain, and more Pain. How can anyone justify this awful things? How do you live with yourself when you tell these victims that God has a plan for them? Because if you really believe that then you are telling these victims that God’s plan was for them to suffer. You are saying to their face that God planned for this pain they feel and you think that is going to make them feel better or join your faith. I think that’s sad. Its sad that you justify another person’s pain and suffering with a book written ages ago and a divine being you don’t really have proof exists. How dare you tell a rape victim that God will heal everything when you know, you believe, that God has a plan. How dare you tell a grieving family you are praying for them when you know, you believe, there is a plan in place. And I know how this sounds. No I’m not trying to offend you or blame you even but I’m tired of hearing that God has a plan or that you are praying for me because so far this world has shown me no proof that there is a God and if he does exists then he is doing a terrible job. So don’t talk about God unless I ask and I can promise you that I will never ask.