It Loves. | Teen Ink

It Loves.

By caitlin.calamity BRONZE, Houston, Texas
caitlin.calamity BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.
-Bruce Barton

It hurts
It tears
It blinks
It stares.

It fixes
It changes
It rearranges.

A monster
Within
A monster
Without,

Love is
A monster
And that
I don't doubt.

I started dating one of my friends about a year ago. We were together for 11 months, and in those 11 months I was the most blissful time. This boy made me fall heels over head in love with him. I jumped in and never looked back, but have regretted it ever since. I thought I found love when really, all I had found was passion. It was then that I realized that all forms of love come and go, and humans, well, we never know what we really want...

callmeIN GOLD said...
callmeIN GOLD, Atlanta, Indiana

‘Maybe Richard will find another way. Just tell him, Alice. Tell him that his own Confessor never stopped loving him. And that if he can’t undo the magic, if he can’t return to her then, she’ll be waiting for him, in the Underworld. Forever.’
-Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell,
Legend of the Seeker

very true. great job with this, i haven't gone through something like you have, but this poem really made me feel your pain.

400king BRONZE said...
400king BRONZE, Hemet, California

a poem is never finished, just abandoned

well sometimes the whim ones are the best because real rythm you shouldn't have to sit there and think about it you just gotta let it flow.

caitlin.calamity BRONZE, Houston, Texas

-Bruce Barton

Thanks so much!! I really didn't think it was all that great because I only wrote it on a whim. I was feeling let down and betrayed by the one thing I didn't want in the first place.

400king BRONZE said...
400king BRONZE, Hemet, California

after reading the comments about the article, the poem just like blew my mind away. It explained my situation almost perfectly. great job.