I wanna go back... | Teen Ink

I wanna go back...

By Mickee BRONZE, Yorktown Heights, New York
Mickee BRONZE, Yorktown Heights, New York

Erica Albright (Rooney Mara): "You are going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole."

Mark Zuckerberg: "I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try, but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing. Did I adequately answer your condescending question?

"You're not the same as you were before, You were much more...muchier...you've lost your muchness."
I feel like I just found out my favorite love song was written about a sandwich.

I wanna go back to the days of purple and pink
When finger paint smudges
Upon a piece of yellow paper
Was hung on the
Wall
To when everyone was teased,
But,
Knowone was hurt,
Everyone had a smile
That would never fade away.

I wanna go back to the days
Where crushes remained crushes
And never took action
When you never got that feeling
in the pit of my stomach
because every thought was a
happy
one, with imaginations looming,
in every direction.

I wanna go back to the days when
I wasn’t too old to have temper tantrums
Or play on a swing set
and beg for underdoggie
Because it made you go the highest
To when I wasn’t to heavy for airplane,
When my daddy flew me around the house
While I screamed and yelled
For joy.
Nightly tickle torture,
But never tired in the morning.

I wanna go back to the days of nonstop fun, when
School
Meant learning the alphabet then
Playing, all day long
Tiny secrets that meant the world
Lies told for the benefit of others
Not yourself
Waiting to become the mail carrier, on the job board.
Celebrating the 100th day of school, instead of
Saying “ugh! Not even half way done.”
Crying not cheering at the end of school
and being carried around into the deep end of
the pool, because you couldn’t
stand.

I wanna go back to the days
when you believed
you could do anything
And it wasn’t
Too late
No one would stop you
Even
Yourself
From fulfilling dreams and being
yourself.

I wanna go back to the times
without a worry in the world.

It was one of my homework assignments this year to finish this poem, but as with all of my
under-intriguing
poetry assignments, I put alot of me into this piece. I hope it culminates in the restoration of reminiscent golden memories.

Mickee BRONZE said...

haha kool! :)

DancerBabe SILVER, Tuscarawas, Ohio

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt
"Bad writers plagerize, good writers steal!"

Me Too! Me Too!!