Dear Devil | Teen Ink

Dear Devil

By _Maddieb PLATINUM, Carlisle, Ohio
_Maddieb PLATINUM, Carlisle, Ohio

How will you ever reach the stars ; if you're too afraid to try.

Dear Devil,
I gave you everything , my very soul. Of course it was never enough, on my life you continued to take your toll. You took my friends, my hope and my health.I never noticed because you used such stealth. I mean it wasn't a one way street. You gave me many things in return, they were just so discreet. You gave me depression and of course suicidal thoughts. You took away the light in my eyes ; making sure the battle with you is one i no longer fought. In your eyes is such a distorted vision of me, it soon became if i looked in the mirror ; your version is the only one I'd see. I tried to starve myself, applied makeup to hide scars and make it better. I realized it's all been wrong , so to you i write this letter. I have many imperfections i know this to be true. But I'm worth something in someones eyes, even if I'm not to you. I won't let myself believe you anymore, even though i often will want to believe you to my very core. No knife will touch my skin, No pills to try to take my life, I'll allow myself to eat again. Right now you still have a slight mark on my life, but sooner or later, You will stop causing me so much strife. So today and everyday, I'll tell you, i want you out of my life. Thank you, i have nothing left to say.

-Madison

I've had a lot of struggles In my life ; but I'm getting through them. I recently found God and I know the Devil has caused of most my grief. I want everyone to know that everyone has struggles in their life ; but you can get past them. You are strong and smart enough.

_Maddieb PLATINUM, Carlisle, Ohio

Thank you sooo much. If you could take a look at my other work? I'm trying to get feed back on that stuff too. (:

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

You have such a way with words, I can only wish I could ever write like you. Like ErisRose said, this is so inspirational!!! And you're right--everyone has struggles, and everyone just has to be strong. I'm glad you are. :)

_Maddieb PLATINUM, Carlisle, Ohio

Thank you so much. And thank you for taking the time to read it !

ErisRose DIAMOND, Ashburn, Virginia

Omnia vincit amor et nos cedamus amori- Love conquers all let us yield to love
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, Bones Heal, Suck it up and dance!
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way

Wow such an inspirational story this is amazing Thank you soo much for sharing!! Congratulations and good luck!