I lost you | Teen Ink

I lost you

April 12, 2012
By Nicole67 PLATINUM, Indianola, Washington
Nicole67 PLATINUM, Indianola, Washington
25 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else."
"we often put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares to get through"
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”


That day I lost you, my patience melted away,
with your black buttons and that mysterious blue one.
I remember that dreary day made for staring at the TV screen,
I went to lay in bed and you weren't there.
Sunday mornings, you would watch cartoons with me until lunch time when we would eat together until our stomachs exploded.
I wonder where you are now; if you found a new friend to spend Sunday mornings with.
Maybe you're with someone who can't make you happy like I did.
Maybe the monster underneath my bed grabbed you in my sleep and ate you in one bite,
maybe it was gods way of saying TV fries your brain and I can do better without you or maybe the storm cloud crawled through the window to find warmth, and took you on the way out.
Maybe the dog thought you looked tasty and chewed on you all night.
I hope you're okay without me.
I miss you but I will find one better than you.
So long old friend.


The author's comments:
I'm not sure what you will think about this but I wrote it in English class. It's called "A lost object poem" And I tried to compare it to friends that people lose through your lives.