Melancholy | Teen Ink

Melancholy

July 11, 2023
By a_saleha BRONZE, Okara, Other
a_saleha BRONZE, Okara, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Can you remember who you were before the world who you should be?
Charles Bukowski


I sit near the window, looking over the lawn. Or the world itself. Breathing, with its unfathomable glory. It is not understood that even with the smallest of beauty and shine, mankind praises those who lay below.

The sky is quiet. The clouds shimmer with the sun behind them; not one leaf moves. The green masses look... sad? No, silent. As if the quiet would help them fathom an explanation for the situation. Silence is often mistaken as the presence of grief, or, sadness: further leading to disinterest.

Children rush across, as if unable to sense the quiet in the air. The funeral of comprehension of emotions. Little do they know.

Comprehension of Emotions: the word used here reflects how a troubled mind or maybe, a troubled heart is unable to understand how it feels. It was advised that one from mankind should not just strive, to Be. Only be.


The author's comments:

While i am not writing, I can be seen capturing pictures or creating art on @the_artsailor!