Puzzle Pieces. | Teen Ink

Puzzle Pieces.

By alisaysroar GOLD, N. Kingstown, Rhode Island
alisaysroar GOLD, N. Kingstown, Rhode Island

"Weighed down under the shallow sunrise, the radiance seeping through my aqua ceiling, and reminding me that I chased my own demise--we've all constructed our own ends with the illusions of beginnings."

I hate writing about the same thing over and over— the failed attempts at portraying what is truly me. But, they’re all me. I don’t quite know how to change it up.

I hate my writing when it’s about me, usually. It’s just annoying and the sentences are choppy and it just doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

But then when I write about you or them, her and him, the words come easy and natural. It flows and it actually sounds okay. I see parts of me in those writings. I just want to be able to take each piece and put it all together, like a puzzle, on the same sheet of paper, but ti doesn’t seem like I can.

I try and I try and I try. It just doesn’t happen— pieces don’t fit. I bribe, persuade, and fight these parts and pieces, to get them together and maybe, just maybe, get an idea of me with all the pieces there.

I just want them there coherently and nicely— just once. It doesn’t really work. I guess I’ll just be writing out the pieces to the unsolvable puzzle that is me for the rest of my life

This is just a little something I cranked out one night before bed when I was frustrated with myself for not knowing who I am. I like how it came out. I hope you like it!