Heartbeat | Teen Ink

Heartbeat

February 10, 2011
By Mrs.Parnell SILVER, Clearlake Oaks, Ca, California
Mrs.Parnell SILVER, Clearlake Oaks, Ca, California
8 articles 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In order for love to be unconditional, trust must be unwavering."-Carissa V.

"Be what you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - I'm not sure who said it..


You claimed to be my best friend, my twin was your title. I loved you through thick and thin, I did it because you were my best friend. I cried for you, with you, but in the end, my tears fell because of you. You hurt me deep, your words cut and sting. Did you truly love me? Or was it just the thought of me? I would have done anything to be there for you. I made promises and kept them. But as I sit here and write this, I die inside, while a few tears trickle on the outside, but mostly I have to fight the heartbreak. Because with each tear, you continue to take the pieces of my heart. Its broken into a million of them, so please leave me some.. because one day this hurt may be able to be undone.. so please, just leave me with a heartbeat.


The author's comments:
At one point in time, my best friend of almost 5 years now had been fighting heavily about something. Some point during the argument, she said she was done and hung up the phone. We didn't talk for 4 months. I wrote this during the beginning of those 4 months.