From the piano to the heart | Teen Ink

From the piano to the heart

By KairiL SILVER, Milpitas, California
KairiL SILVER, Milpitas, California

"Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine. and for one; just once, understand."-Anonymous

The piano is a musical instrument that has black and white keys
It is alive when the pianist gracefully moves their fingers against the keys creating a beautiful melody
The piano requires constant practice and without practice everything that you have learned about it is quickly forgotten
All the sounds, the tempos, and the notes have many surprises waiting in store for you
This musical instrument also has feelings that is connected to the pianist themselves
Sometimes the feeling is excitement for the surprise that the crowd is waiting for
When the slamming of the keys show your anger and frustration
My favorite feeling is when the song or piece has a sad melody because it helps you understand the sadness within life and how it pains your heart as it is breaking apart
How you know that other people have felt the same way as you as if they are grasping on to despair
Feeling confused of what is going on and looking for answers
Afraid to even show your emotions for it shows the sign of weakness
At the same time the piano can heal your heart
The calm, relaxing sound of the keys that relax yourself as well
Then the atmosphere feels like it is in harmony within everything inside
Your surroundings start to melt away as you imagine yourself in a peaceful place
The melody of the piano is assuring you that everything can be okay if you find a way to restore your life
As if you are watching a maple tree lose all of its beautiful colors of yellow, red, and orange leaves
Watching all of those terrible things disappear and being able to start over again
This is why the piano is my favorite instrument to listen to and to play

I love to play the piano.

KairiL SILVER said...
KairiL SILVER, Milpitas, California

Thank you, Roza. :)

RozaB SILVER said...
RozaB SILVER, Milpitas, California
This passage makes your love for the piano palpable. As always, you've done an awesome job!!!!!