Tick-Tock | Teen Ink

Tick-Tock

January 24, 2013
By ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
44 articles 4 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Beatrice Evelyn Hall.
"Stones are raw, they blunt my paw, but words will never hurt me." (The Sight, David Clement-Davies) And many more...


Tick-Tock. Every night. Tick-Tock. I hear it ticking excruciatingly slow. Tick-Tock. Every hour, every minute, every second. Every tick shortens my breath. I look at the clock then I look at my screen. But your name is yet to appear.

Tick-Tock. Every night. Tick-Tock. For hours on end. Tick-Tock. I wait and I wait. My eyes become weary, but I refuse to daze off. For any moment now I may receive a message from you. I can't miss this chance. I won't miss this chance. An opportunity to speak to you brings the life back into my eyes.

Tick-Tock. Another restless night. Tick-Tock. You're nowhere in sight. Tick-tock. I waited up again. But you're not there. I'll continue to wait. I'll watch the sun turn into the moon. I'll watch the seconds turn to minutes and the minutes into hours.

Tick-Tock. There you are. Tick-Tock. We begin to speak. Tick-Tock. It's been a while, but you keep it brief and leave again. I care not, for my heart is finally rejoiced. I lay in bed with a smile on my face. Just to hear the ticking of the clock tomorrow once again.