There's Still Sanity Among Insanity | Teen Ink

There's Still Sanity Among Insanity

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

You ask,
why do I cry?
Why don't I?
Do you want me
to wear a mask,
and fake it all?
And pretend
that the shattered
promises,
were never there?

Because I can;
that's what I've done
almost, all my life.
But I can't;
I can't do this
any longer.
Because they're there,
and I can't forget that.

is stained with tears,
and I feel like
that I'm too broken
to have feelings anymore;
so I buried myself,
beneath all the chaos,
thinking that I couldn't feel anymore.

How come I thought,
that I couldn't feel anymore?
When I'm obviously,
feeling something,
right now?
I'm human,
and I can't help
but feel and care,
even when I think,
"I can't. I'm too broken."

I laid my heart,
and forgot myself
as I tried
to lay inside
the broken fragments
of yesterday's tears.

I tried to forget it all,
but I couldn't help
but remember;
and so I remembered,
and finally found
sanity
among insanity.

There's still sanity among insanity. Though, to most people, the sanity is "insanity" and the insanity is "sanity." Haha, I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I hope it does a little. This is similar to my article, "there's still hope." Keep on hoping ya'll; hope will always be here. You can forget if you want too, but I think we were all made to remember. Haha, does that make sense? (H.O.PE. - Hold.On.Pain.Ends.) I love you all. ^_^

You're absolutely, welcome! Though, haha; I'm not sure what I am saying you're welcome for, haha. It should be me thanking you for commenting on my poem and my other poems. So, I thank you. :)
  I'm so glad that you enjoyed my poem and that it moved and inspired you and made you think. :) It means a lot, to me. So, again; I thank you so much, my friend! :)

Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio

"When you need something to believe in, believe in yourself."
"A poem unwritten is only a thought; unshared, unsaid..."

Oh my gosh, Emily this poem was so amazing and so beautiful and so incredibly deep. I loved your voice; it was quiet, yet very very powerful. And I loved the paradox you explored in this poem, of finding sanity in insanity...it really got me thinking. I was very moved and inspired by this poem, so thank you soooooooo much!!!!! :))))

Aw, haha, thanks. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you so much, for commenting! :)

ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

Wow, this is extremely powerful and well written. Bravo, Emily! My favorite sentence was ,"... and so I remembered, and finally found sanity among insanity." Beautiful!

Thank you so much, Renda! :) I wasn't expecting anyone to comment on poem today, so you made my day happier! :) Thank you again, for encouraging and commenting! :)

Thank you, it means a lot. :) Also, I apologize for the late reply! :( Thank you, again!

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Babe, that's powerful. I looooove it!! The story of my life right here. I love your 'hope' acronym too. Keep writing, love :)

districtredwolf GOLD, Springfeild, Massachusetts
i can relate as well. it`s beautiful

Also, sorry for the little or big mistake there, haha. :/ :) Thank you again, my friend. :)

Aw, thank you. Haha, my poems are just my thoughts. Or to put in this way, my poems are just words that are dipped into my heart. :) And also, so true. I've noticed that people think that they can't feel, but really they can and they're doing it. Thank you so much, my friend. :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is so beautiful! I love every word of it, I can totally relate to every line :) Sometimes we think that we can't feel, but in reality it'd the only thing we can do. Another amazing poem! 5 stars :D

Oh. Haha, thank you, so much. :) I'm glad you like it. :) Thank you, again. 

Niyaroo PLATINUM, Colonial Beach, Virginia
I love the last part of the poem..and cute acronym for hope

Haha, thank you, Caramel. :) I'm sorry you got a little tripped up, when reading it. I've been making mistakes, that I've not noticed in my poems until I read them, after they're posted on Teen Ink. :/ :3 Haha, sorry. But I'm glad that you love it. And oh. Haha, no I didn't make the HOPE acronym. I saw in someone else's bio on on a music website, and I though I should share it with everyone. Thanks again. :)

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

btw did you make that HOPE acronym? it awesome!!

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

I was a little tripped up while reading but i went back into my trance when i saw "i buried myself beneath all the chaos thinking i couldn't feel anymore". Really powerful line to me. as always, i love it -Caramel Kisses

Hey, ya'll. There was a mistake in; one part of the poem was suppose to be,   "The air is stained with tears, and I feel like
that I'm too broken
to have feelings anymore;
so I buried myself,
beneath all the chaos,
thinking that I couldn't feel anymore."   Thank you all.