Papa (All I Had) | Teen Ink

Papa (All I Had)

October 23, 2014
By ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa
ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa
16 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World
~Mahatma Gandhi


He was all I had. Mother, going through a bad time with bad people. Father, didn’t care, never came, never loved. Papa was the first, the only… Only one who cared. Raised me from a helpless child, to a young man. I never knew what love was, until he came into my life. I’ve been through bad times. Born with an umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, saved by the doctors. I have many problems with me. I have a temper, I make rude comments. I can’t sit still. Papa, held me through the bad times. Always knew what to say when I was dumped by ex girlfriends. I overcame so many obstacles knowing, that Papa would be home and wouldn’t get mad at if I did something mean to my peers. He understood me. I love him, and he loves me. He told me once, that I had potential, I was smart. I’ve never took anything so serious as what he had told me that day. Now, he’s going through a bad time, with the bottle. He thinks he will move back to his bar that he owns, that he will drive again, that he will live in a house. He can’t. If he moves back to the bar, he’s to go to Jail. If he drives, he will crash… I’ve never loved anyone more than I love my grandfather. He has a sweet tooth, he is very sweet, he doesn’t yell, he understands me… And that’s all I’ve ever wanted…

Thanks Papa Mike :)


The author's comments:

He was all I had, now I'm all he has.