My Happy Thoughts | Teen Ink

My Happy Thoughts

By ObsidianCity SILVER, Berlin, Ohio
ObsidianCity SILVER, Berlin, Ohio

Think happy thoughts and dream of the best moments.

From your first taste of sun softened ice cream, wearing blue jean shorts, with feet bare in fresh cut grass of the backyard.

Think happy thoughts and remember the memories.

Your wooly mittens and rosy cheeked face while you pat down the finishing touches of the perfect snowman, with a crooked carrot nose, and scarlet red scarf with driveway gravel eyes

Think happy thoughts and recall just yesterday.

The smell of autumn crisp leaves, the sweet crunch of a ruby red apple. Then finally being snugged up in a favorite blanket with a freshly brewed cup of tea.

Think happy thoughts and look back.

The smell of rain on fresh earth ground, flowers of different varieties grow from the sides of country back roads, and the sweet melodies of robins who lay in their nests atop of the old oak trees

Think happy thoughts and go back to simpler times, where our minds were fresh, and our hearts were still anew. Where our eyes saw the treasures of our everyday lives, and our voices rang out to the skies "My happy thoughts!"

The topic chosen for this poem was a quote and memories that we can relate to our chosen quote. I chose the quote from Peter Pan "Think happy thoughts," and I related it to some of my memories growing up.