Hope Stains | Teen Ink

Hope Stains

By LestyPatrick PLATINUM, Darlington, South Carolina
LestyPatrick PLATINUM, Darlington, South Carolina

"Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, in as much as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and very fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterward carefully avoid"John Keats

V1) we exploded together never saw it coming. Perfect for each other, everything felt right. You were my world, my escape, and my dream. I was your star, your match, and your soul. You said we were made for each other and planned to always be together.
Pc) But that was forever ago.
C) I hate to admit it, but I still cry at night. My heart is still broken, scarred by your slight. I hate to admit it, but I still can’t cope. My tears still fall, encouraged by hope.
V2) a little pain now to save us from later. You said life is taking us different places. You live your dreams, don’t fit me in. Maybe we’ll be together later. No matter what, you’ll always have a special place in my heart.
Pc & C
Bridge) I feel mutilated and stabbed. I never imagined us broken. I was silently screaming, but I quietly agreed with you. I‘ve moved on, I’ve learned to live apart from you. Yet, I cling to the little hope you gave me.
Pc) (chorus)