His Balance | Teen Ink

His Balance

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

A balance has been created,
Such my fate has been stated.
For every joy, there’s a sorrow;
Today a smile, a tear tomorrow,
If of sadness, a moment ‘tis,
The next would be of ultimate bliss!
To the day, there is the night;

To despair, there is delight.
To love, there is hate;
To dreams, there is fate.
For success, there is disaster,
If there’s life, then death comes after.
Don’t fret if a day did not turn out well,
When true happiness may arrive, no one can tell!

I've observed that the number of times I cry a month is equal to the number of times I laugh (roughly)....Oh and "His" in the title means God's.

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
This poem is AWESOME!!

- Maya Angelou

I'm glad you like you like it :D 

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

This has such a great meaning to it. :) I really like the way you created that four line list type thing, as well as where you chose to divide your stanzas.

- Maya Angelou

Hahhahaa ...LOL.... :P

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Haha thanks.... I'm like you--always jaded--i just put "rarely" to save face.  O.o

- Maya Angelou

Kinda reminds me I'm always jaded...

- Maya Angelou

Oh by the way, I love your username too :P

- Maya Angelou

OH you just made my day!! Actually it's the night here right now but really thta just lit me up with the hugest smile. A real one *wink* ,....Oh Thank you and YES!! It has EVERYTHING to do with Eragon. She's my fav. I love her. And yep, amazing book  Awesome...hang on I should definitely check out your profile properly....

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Loved this:) You are very talented. BTW, i love your name, too. Does SaphiraBrightscales have anything to do with Eragon?? Amaaaaazing book!

I love this poem. The poetess of this poem rocks! Please post more articles by this author! absolutely lovely poetry by htis author + poet.