The Ultimate Test | Teen Ink

The Ultimate Test

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Today I learnt a lesson,
Wondrous to behold.
God but has to test you,
That is what it told.

An afternoon spent in agony,
An entire evening wasted.
Shedding tears of disbelief,
Bitter thoughts I tasted.

I wondered what had gone amiss,
Tried to figure out my flaw;
Did not know right from wrong,
My wound still fresh and raw.

I knew I had been wronged,
It just could not be so;
My brain hummed for justice,
And my heart ached, Oh!

As the sun set, I realized,
How silly I had been,
How pathetic all that crying was,
Because now my heart has seen;

That, O Mighty Allah!
You have great love for me;
As in all of my sorrow,
I’m closest to thee.

Hurricanes and sea storms,
You send to try us
To see whether we stay content,
Or whether we fuss.

The climb is what matters most,
Though we all seek the peak.
And as I’m putting down my pen,
A merry tear rolls down my cheek…

I am content, I do not cry,
To God, I've left the rest.
For, in my Lord’s eyes,
I want to be the best!

I wrote this one when I was really distraught because I'd fallen short of everyone's (including my own) expectations, but I knew that it wasn't my fault, I'd done my best and this was merely a test to see how I reacted, and yes, I cried a lot but then I accepted it too. Hard work never does go unrewarded,sometimes you're not rewarded instantly...but later you realize that in some other way you were.... This is about that.. This is about that Test.
I know this isn't strictly a sonnet, but it follows that rhyme so I put it here. Enjoy Reading!

- Maya Angelou

Thank You and I shall! InshaAllah!

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Einstein

A great truth nicely expressed. Keep writing, sister!

- Maya Angelou

Oh, Your Highness, Thank You ever so much for this. It made my heart glow.

ThoughtToner said...
Poetry about closeness to God makes my heart joyous, a sense of affection follows, it's beautifully composed.

- Maya Angelou

ANd Love you!! Your feedback just made my day! Can you see this Golden blob inside my head growing larger and larger. You created it! Thank You. I am super happy that you like the poem.

Simply_Ciara GOLD, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
I love this!! I almost felt a tear, it's just amazing

- Maya Angelou

Thank You! So good to know someone enjoyed reading this so much :D

JH2974-A SILVER, Sweet Home, Oregon

"Happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."- Ronnie Dunn

This was a great sonnet to read, I appreciate your perspective and beautiful flow.