Eat It or Beat It? | Teen Ink

Eat It or Beat It?

By christinem SILVER, Rochelle Park, New Jersey
christinem SILVER, Rochelle Park, New Jersey

"I know I've been in love. but I waited a long time before I said the word "love" to someone even though I'd been thinking it, because I consider "love" to be more than just a word." - Nick Jonas

Have you ever been to a restaurant that offers delicious food, great service, and a comfortable ambience? Well, one restaurant that offers all of those things is the Longhorn Steakhouse. This steakhouse is like no other. It is located on Route 17 in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. Longhorn is the perfect place for family and friends. No matter who you go there with, you are bound to have a great time.

Well done, medium, or rare however you desire your steak, it is going to taste delicious at Longhorn. They offer the juiciest, most tender, quality steaks. Along with the variety of steaks offered, there are many delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks that you can enjoy. Their appetizers include soups, French fries, wraps, wings, chili, and shrimp. They are all equally full of flavor and have that western taste. Following the appetizers come the entrees. Longhorn does not only offer mouth-watering steaks, but chicken, fish, ribs, burgers, and salads. Along with these entrees there are many different sides and salads to choose from. Some of the sides include mashed potatoes, seasoned vegetables, and seasoned French fries. The salads to choose from are Caesar or garden topped with a dressing of your choice. The appetizers and entrees must be followed by a scrumptious dessert. A few deserts offered are the Ultimate Brownie Sundae, Key Lime Pie, and the Caramel Apple Goldrush. Personally, my favorite is the Caramel Apple Goldrush because of the ice cream and warm apple pie it contains. Longhorn Steakhouse even has a kid’s menu and all meals are served with a drink, French fries, and fresh fruit. Also, Longhorn has a variety of drinks to choose from. Their drinks range from soda to alcoholic beverages at a full bar. All appetizers, entrees, deserts, and drinks are served in large portions which is why you always leave Longhorn feeling full!

Great service is another attribute of the Longhorn Steakhouse. The minute you enter the restaurant, a waiter is standing at the door with a smile on their face. If you are new to Longhorn, the waiters describe the food they offer and all of the new dishes featured. This allows you to make a better decision and it makes you feel welcome. Once you have ordered, the waiter serves you a warm loaf of whole wheat bread fresh out of the oven. The wonderful service continues throughout the meal when the waiter checks back with you to make sure if you need another drink, a loaf of bread, or something else you desire. An example of great service was when my family arrived and there was a long wait at the door of the restaurant. The waiters courteously gave everyone on line a free appetizer. This action shows that the people who work at Longhorn care about their customers and would do anything to please them. Overall, the service is great and adds to a great time at Longhorn.

A comfortable atmosphere and an affordable price range is needed in order to enjoy a meal and Longhorn Steakhouse has both. The western themed restaurant is decorated with lassos, photos, steer heads, and cowboy hats and boots. The decorations and comfortable furniture allow you to enjoy your meal even more. Cleanliness is also very important and this steakhouse knows that. The restaurant is very clean and so are the bathrooms. The prices are another reason why someone should go to Longhorn. Morton’s Steakhouse compared to Longhorn Steakhouse costs about twice as much and offers their items separately, not in meals. A relaxed, friendly, clean, and affordable environment is an excellent place to have a spectacular dining experience.

Longhorn Steakhouse offers delicious food, wonderful service, and a comfortable atmosphere. I give this restaurant five stars because I had a great time when I last ate there and the many times preceding it. Everyone should give Longhorn a try because once you do it will become one of your favorite restaurants as it is mine. The dining experience that you have at Longhorn is like no other and it is definitely one that you will never forget!

This steakhouse is one of my favorites, because of everything that it offers. I particularly enjoy the decorations and the food! Everyone should give it a try! I guarantee you will not be disappointed!