Keeper of the Lost Cities: Series by Shannon Messenger | Teen Ink

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Series by Shannon Messenger

By mlcouver GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts
mlcouver GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Maybe greatness isn't about being immortal, or glorious, or popular- it's about choosing to fight for the greater good of the world, even when the world's turned its back on you."
-Alex Bailey
"The Land of Stories"

I never thought I would pick up a fantasy book series and be as obsessed with it as I was with Harry Potter. I never thought I would like a book where the main character is an elf.

But, here I am. Whipping through this book series like my life depends on it.

Keeper of the Lost Cities, a fantasy series written by author Shannon Messenger, had me begging for more the second I read the first chapter. Book one, titled only Keeper of the Lost Cities- is about a girl named Sophie Foster, who is an above average student living in California. When a boy with striking eyes appears to her and tells her that she's an elf, Sophie's world is thrown upside down. Elves are not what we think they are- they do not have curled toes and bells on their clothes. They are sophisticated and live in their own society- a placed called the Lost Cities. 

When Sophie arrives in the Lost Cities, strange things start happening that no one is able to stop- but possibly her.

This jaw-dropping first book is followed by five more- Exile, Everblaze, Neverseen, Lodestar, and Nightfall- with the seventh one arriving in November of 2018, and an eighth and ninth to follow. 

Every book used stunning characters to convey the adventure that Sophie journeys on with her friends, Dex, Fitz, Biana, Keefe, and others. I never want to put the books down. It is probably tied with Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling as my favorite book series. 

This is the first book series I was ever able to get my friend to read, and she hates reading. But now, she's enjoying reading because of these books, and cannot get over how suspenseful, dramatic, and thrilling this series is. Neither can I.

I highly reccomend this series to everyone who loves fantasy and adventure. Please read. This book is way too underrated and deserves more credit.

P.S.- If you have read this series, i would love to know whose team you're on- Keefe, Dex, Fitz, or none of the above? Thanks, and please read these books!

Shannon Messenger, thank you for this great series!

AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."

SOKEEFE FOR THE WINNN

KOTLCfan said...
KOTLCfan, Wyndmere, North Dakota

"I'm sneaky like that!"
-Keefe Sencen KotLC Lodestar-

Definitely team SOKEEFE! 4-eva!

QUEENOFSOKEEFE, New York, New York

"Fear of a name only increase fear of the thing itself." - Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

I AM SOKEEFE FOR LIFE!

poisonivy27 said...
poisonivy27, Dubai, Other

I don't make friends with people just because they're my cousins or something silly like that; I only make friends with people because I like them
-Enid Blyton

my ships are:
tiana
dexerella
Lylie
SOKEEFE!
sabndrizal(Sandor+Grizel)
Fina(cuz there's no one else😂😂😂)

poisonivy27 said...
poisonivy27, Dubai, Other

-Enid Blyton

I am a sokeefe 4 life