Review Blitz - The Westing Game | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - The Westing Game

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

The Westing Game is a thrilling story full of dramatic moments to relish in. There are short chapters and setions. Instead of making a new page for each section of chapter, the writer only uses section breakers (probably because they're too short). The author also uses dialogue to move the story. In every sentence, there's always more dialogue than description.

My favorite quote is, "It's not what you have, it's what you don't have that counts' - Pg. 36 because it also relates with real life in addition to being a beautiful quote. The key words that I've found in this story is 'Hotel', 'Greed' and 'Giving'.

Sam Westing was 'dead' so the 16 heirs to his money and fame competes each other in pairs in Sunset Towers. The puzzle's tricky to solve but at the end of the day, Turtle finds out the truth of Sam Westing's mystery

The true meaning of this story wasn't just about inheriting money and fame. It was about forming love and relationships with the people around you. The book showed that someties we're too busy for coming close together. However, it also shows that how powerful and succesful we can all be together. In addition to that, the theme can also be that things doesn't always be the way they seem to be appear.

Since I know that people who enjoyed this book would like something to remember it a bit more, here are two questions that I've composed for you - 1. What do you think is the main reason that drives everyone apart even before the game starts? 2. What is the disadvantage of this game that Sam Westing has made?