Loveless | Teen Ink

Loveless

January 14, 2024
By marjoarend BRONZE, Nova Petropolis, Other
marjoarend BRONZE, Nova Petropolis, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“In the end, that was the problem with romance. It was so easy to romanticize romance because it was everywhere.”


This is the kind of book that brings a great feeling of comfort and warmth.


The narrative focuses on the protagonist, Georgia Warr, discovering herself as aromantic and asexual. Alice Oseman developed this trajectory in a very beautiful way  and I consider this a must-read for everyone who identifies with Georgia.


Even though the focus is on Georgia's sexuality, this work is full of diversity and captivating  characters. I liked the way the author developed the backstories which were undoubtedly a lot of fun to read.


However, what I liked most about "Loveless” was the relationship between the characters. Often friends don’t have the same recognition as boyfriends or girlfriends, but this book shows that a friendship can be much more intense and special and lasting.


“Give your friendships the magic you would give a romance. Because they're just as important. Actually, for us, they're way more important.”


The group of friends in this story was a very precious, admirable thing to read and shows how great love is, sometimes, right in front of us. I was too moved by the small Shakespeare Society.


The author's writing is humorous, rapid and full of references to pop culture in the right measure. I laughed a lot, but I was also able to reflect a lot. Aromanticism and asexuality often go unnoticed and not properly understood, And I think the author has done a great job of conveying that through the experiences and feelings of Georgia.


“Loveless” is a fun, touching book about self-discovery and acceptance. Even though it shows that romance isn’t everything, it’s about the purest and most honest form of love there is.