Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr | Teen Ink

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

By captaindanger SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida
captaindanger SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida

*Fragile Eternity is the third book in the Wickedly Lovely series. If you haven't already read the first two, I highly recommend it before starting Fragile Eternity, for the sake of continuity.*

There is trouble in the Faery Courts.

Aislinn, the newly found Summer Queen, is completely and irrevocably in love with the mortal Seth. Her true partner and King, Keenan, is finding it very hard to cope with this, but he gives them space. Or, tries to, at least. But as summer approaches and the pull between the two royals becomes overwhelming, Seth and Aislinn begin to move apart. Seth finds this unexceptable. He sets off to try to find a way to have eternity with Aislinn.

And does he, indeed.

Meanwhile, Bananach, the embodiment of War, appears. She whispers a future of bloodshed. Tension strains all four courts of Faerie, and as time progresses and disquiet raises to a peak, combat seems inevitable.

I find this series to be a bit like a drug. After your first taste, you are absolutely hooked. When you aren't reading it, you crave it. And if you read too much of it, your head is so jam-packed with faery politics, you feel like you're going to overdose on words. Marr has a way of writing that is both easy to read and understand and feels like it belongs in a classic or a fairy tale. Her finesse is obvious while reading. She hypnotizes you with the inricate world of faeries and their affairs until you are wondering if you are being watched by a glaistig, or followed by a gancanaugh, or sitting next to a rowan and you don't even know it.

The real wonder of the book is the fey. They are so diverse and multifarious. Some are terrifying, some are enchanting, but all are unpredictable. Many will kill you, suck out your blood, and use your skin for clothes and no think twice about it. They are untrustworthy but captivating all the same. Marr does a magical job of creating a world that is every little girl's dream - and nightmare.