Endless Love (2014) | Teen Ink

Endless Love (2014)

By JailynC BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
JailynC BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts

Have you ever been so in love that it hurts? Or have you ever gone so deep to get what you want? In Endless Love directed by Shana Feste, we see a very innocent Jade Butterfield (Gabriella Wilde) and a reckless boy David Axelrod (Alex Pettyfer). With a strict father and in love with a bad boy, Jade is torn between both. This movie will leave you in tears and make you believe in love.

At first look, you might wonder if this is going to be a cheesy, banal love story. As the movie goes on you will figure out, that is not the case. David would be considered the popular guy that every girl craves but he only wanted Jade, whose older brother passed away, which had a huge affect on her social life. David was secretly in love with her up until graduation, when all his wishes would come true.

As they got to meet, David and Jade spent most of their summer with each other. They went on almost every cute date a teen girl could imagine. As the days started to fade, Jade had a secret she was keeping from David. She would have to leave for college soon. David, finding this out, was heartbroken because he had to make up four years of his love for her in just two weeks. It was hard but not impossible, he accepted her future and if they were meant to be fate would bring them back.

Jade was not the only one with a secret, her strict father had one too. While Jade and David were falling in love, Jade's Father and Mother was falling out of it. A love story that turns into a drama is a big shock to the audience. It is a great turn around while still having the audience wish for love. It was a bunch of emotions at once. Hating the dad for not loving the love that David and Jade share.

Whatever you are male or female, the movie is worth your time. It will leave you on the edge of your seat. This movie will inspire you to fall in love all over again. In the end every relationship has its perks but make it a love worth fighting for.

I am a junior in high school and I have been writing ever since I was little. I work at a local super market and attend bible club and youth group after school. 

acostaan7 said...
acostaan7, Methuen, Massachusetts
I've never appreciated so much the message behind this movie after reading this wonderful analysis. Great work!