The Prodigy | Teen Ink

The Prodigy

By MoneyBagMo BRONZE, Sacramento, California
MoneyBagMo BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"All empires are created of blood and fire."

The Prodigy is a new horror film based on a serial killer who is reincarnated into a new body of a little boy who is named Miles, born on the same day as the serial killer Miles starts to show different signs of him throughout the film Prodigy.

Miles is the only child who is eight years old, as the time progresses his attitudes and different personalities start to show while attending school. Miles is put into a private school for kids who need special help referring to kids that don’t have the same learning experiences as others.

The problems Miles mother Taylor Schilling & father Peter Mooney see are the rapid intelligence in him that starts to grow, when miles starts sleep talking in Hungarian, and hitting his schoolmate with a wrench. The mother decides to call a doctor who let her know her son is carrying a dark presence with him causing pain and anger. Pure evil was slowly destroying the household and taking away the last of Miles.

Watching a film like The Prodigy I give it a three out of five because the ending left the audience to be continued. Miles had different personalities which I liked and how the movie over all showed the audience random jump scares. The ending of the movie could’ve been better but overall I loved the chilling experiences.