The Giver | Teen Ink

The Giver

By kaitlynheadlee BRONZE, Baxter, Iowa
kaitlynheadlee BRONZE, Baxter, Iowa

The Giver directed by Phillip Noyce is a interesting and intriguing movie. The movie takes place in a town where all the people are the same. It is about a boy named Jonas who is chosen to be the receiver of memories.  Overall I really liked this movie because the end of the movie was changed. I changed in one way because Fiona was involved. I thought it was a good addition to the end.

One thing I like about the movie is that it gives more detail about the place they live in. For example it talked about what the town was like and how it functioned. I also liked how it changed from black and white to color when Jonas is able to start seeing color. I think those effects were very cool.

On other thing that I like about the was that Fiona was involved. Spoiler Alert! Fiona helped Jonas when he wanted to leave. She wanted him to get Gabe and she helped him get him from the restricted room. She did not want him to go but she knew it would be good for the community.

Overall I really liked this movie because it was a better explanation of the book and I could understand it better. I really enjoyed this movie. I think it was a really good movie. I really liked how Fiona was involved in the end I think it was a very good edition. I really like this movie and I would watch it again.