Melodic Blues review | Teen Ink

Melodic Blues review

On September 10, 2021, Rapper Baby Keem released his debut album Melodic Blues. Baby Keem had a breakout single with the song Orange Soda, that he dropped in 2019. The album features Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, Don Toliver and Brent Faiyaz. Melodic Blues is rated 4.7 stars out of 5 on google, which is a great rating for an album.

No Sense is a hit on this album and is one of my top five favorite songs. No Sense has a great hook and melodies that will stick with you throughout your day. The next song on my top five is Durag Activity featuring Travis Scott and I think it is one of the best songs on the album. One of the reasons this song is on my top five is because of the infectious beat. Another reason I love this song is because Baby Keem has a great flow throughout the song. Baby Keem has robotic melodies that gives the song a gangster vibe. Family Ties, another song on the album, featuring Kendrick Lamar is another phenomenal song on the album. The hook to this song is absolutely amazing, it starts off the song very well and makes you want to get up and dance. After about one third of the way through the song, both the beat and Baby Keem’s flow switches.  The song, “16”, is another song that really showcases Baby Keem’s versatility. 16 has a great melody all throughout, which seems to reflect a 90’s rap vibe. It is a great outro to the album and always puts me in a relaxed mood. Scars is hands down the best song on the album, the beat is intoxicating . The way that Baby Keem opens the song with the drumbeat and keeps them throughout the song is just amazing. The chorus of the song is great and makes you feel empowered. 

In conclusion, Melodic Blues is a great debut album by Baby Keem. It seems to have such different sounding songs on the album.  This provides the listener with so many different moods and feelings throughout the listening experience.  Baby Keem definitely delivered on his first album.