Dirty Work by All Time Low | Teen Ink

Dirty Work by All Time Low

February 2, 2012
By TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia
TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia
11 articles 12 photos 77 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Raids, bullets, crime... no problem. A missing duster? Crisis."-The Last Sacrifice
"If we stand for nothing, we'll fall for anything." -All Time Low


All Time Low has to be my all-time favorite band. Between their singer/guitarist, Alex Gaskarth, and the other band mates including Jack Barakat on guitar, Zack Merrick on bass, and Rian Dawson on drums, I can’t get enough of their music. From their biggest hits, like “Dear Maria, Count Me In” and “Six Feet Under The Stars”, their bouncy melodies and lyrics, perfect for head banging, their newest album, Dirty Work, is a work of genius. Between their songs that you can’t help to dance to, like their music masterpiece “I Feel Like Dancing”, to their softer songs like “Daydream Away”, you’d have a hard time not liking anything on the album. Many fans of their earlier albums, like The Party Scene, are saying that the band has sold out to blend in with the current fads. People are open to have their own opinions, but I have to disagree. Yes, their sound has changed, but they haven’t lost that edge that they’ve always had. This album was almost a sarcastic shot at the current music industry. Dirty Work is about having fun and letting loose. Dirty Work isn’t life changing like their previous album, Nothing Personal, but it’s a fabulous album nonetheless. It’s one of their best album yet.