Dirty Work by All Time Low | Teen Ink

Dirty Work by All Time Low

By TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia
TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia

“Raids, bullets, crime... no problem. A missing duster? Crisis."-The Last Sacrifice
"If we stand for nothing, we'll fall for anything." -All Time Low

All Time Low has to be my all-time favorite band. Between their singer/guitarist, Alex Gaskarth, and the other band mates including Jack Barakat on guitar, Zack Merrick on bass, and Rian Dawson on drums, I can’t get enough of their music. From their biggest hits, like “Dear Maria, Count Me In” and “Six Feet Under The Stars”, their bouncy melodies and lyrics, perfect for head banging, their newest album, Dirty Work, is a work of genius. Between their songs that you can’t help to dance to, like their music masterpiece “I Feel Like Dancing”, to their softer songs like “Daydream Away”, you’d have a hard time not liking anything on the album. Many fans of their earlier albums, like The Party Scene, are saying that the band has sold out to blend in with the current fads. People are open to have their own opinions, but I have to disagree. Yes, their sound has changed, but they haven’t lost that edge that they’ve always had. This album was almost a sarcastic shot at the current music industry. Dirty Work is about having fun and letting loose. Dirty Work isn’t life changing like their previous album, Nothing Personal, but it’s a fabulous album nonetheless. It’s one of their best album yet.

TheDuck GOLD said...
TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia

I love their early stuff too and I agree they have changed, but it is still them.  Don't Panic is an awesome album and it does have traces of the same sound in Dirty Work.  Bands evolve and it's clear how they have evolved from The Party Scene to Don't Panic.  Sorry if Dirty Work made you step back and go "what" but I think it still sounded like them

Jalex4L said...
I didn't like this album at all. There are a few good songs, but it just isn't them. Too much work of the producers was done. I'm glad that ATL went back to Hopeless Records though. Don't Panic! is going to be a great album! Its back to the old All Time Low I've only heard a few of the songs they've released on it but so far I love them all. I liked the older stuff, SWIR and Put Up Or Shut Up. Dirty Work kinda made me think "wat". DON'T PANIC! COMING OUT SOON!!

Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it was always yours, if it doesn't it never was.

I agree with you. I hate how other bands have or already changed their music to fit in. All time low has the same sound when they first came out with a few improvments.

beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

I do agree that while some bands have kinda blended together to stay current and with the times, there are still some others who remain apart from mainstream, like All Time Low. I love their songs and I am confident that they will be successful with their new sound. Though I think their song "Time-Bomb" sounds like Boys Like Girls. But still they're good! Good job on addressing the whole sound change~